www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Recently I had over heard a colleague of mine talking about disc golf and all he had to say was "disc golf I thought that only hippies and homeless people played that sport", needless to say I was POed. I know that there may be some people that fit into this cross section of society and if you are one of them I'm not judging you and I mean you no disrespect, but I do not and I have heard these remarks said for far to long. I know that there are other people out there that own business and work in successful jobs that also take offense to this type of stereotype please help me show my coworker that their are successful people affiliated with this sport!

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hate the beer players, u see beer cans on the course. They get in the way and they tend to NOT show respect on the course. The HARMLESS pot smokers are much better for the sport the the LOUD, beer drinking losers that should stay home and watch football. Rather then littering on our course, cause they are too lazy to go 2 holes to the next trash can.

James Brown said:
A friend of mine said that only "beer bellies" play disc golf.
Sounds like a very bad mix. Close minded red necks with open minded hippies.

Garrett Graham said:
Im a Rippie which is a red neck hippie so there. My dads the red neck and my moms a hippie
Im a hippy , I am also a Chef
PoeticLogic said:

Garrett Graham said:
Im a Rippie which is a red neck hippie so there. My dads the red neck and my moms a hippie

Quite the contrary..in my experience, redneck hippies are some of the best people you'll ever meet. The "down-to-earthness" of the redneck offsets the unrealistic idealism of the hippie ;)

*disclaimer...comment above was meant to be tongue in cheek...don't take it too seriously.*
So basically a nice middle ground. Just sounded like a odd combo.

More power to ya though.

My raising was fairly Redneck, all my father's side of the family is from Arkansas.
Though I consider myself more of a hippie, I have very ghetto/redneck ways of things sometimes.

Rusty Pappas said:
PoeticLogic said:

Garrett Graham said:

Quite the contrary..in my experience, redneck hippies are some of the best people you'll ever meet. The "down-to-earthness" of the redneck offsets the unrealistic idealism of the hippie ;)

*disclaimer...comment above was meant to be tongue in cheek...don't take it too seriously.*
Own DiscPlayerSports.com
Was a professional artist for years with artwork around the world, some for Disney & Universal Studios included.
Was a High School Teacher (graphic arts).
Hoping to take Disc Player Sports and disc golf to the next level (where ever that may be).
Work part-time as a stagehand, to pay bills when not working for Disc Player.

Don't worry about the small percentage of goofballs out there.
account executive for the credit card processing company Central Payment Corporation
i hear that.

BogieWon said:
BS in Anthropology 1996. Archaeologist and Marketing Consultant. I work to live, not live to work. Long live Disc Golf!
I work at innova molding these great disc we all throw.
I am a self employed painting contractor in the states of Ca. and Nevada. I specalize in the artistic faux finishes and decorative painting. Go to www.faux-pro.com to see my body of work. My wife and I also own two up and coming retail stores.
I have been busy designing and building four disc golf courses in the Lake Tahoe area since 1996. And I am now onto my next course in Markleeville Ca.. This is how I give back to society, by volunteering my time and money for parks and recreation.
Besides playing disc golf a lot, I am a retired telecommunications engineer, have a BS in electrical engineering, and a BS in psychology, have a beer belly, am a hippie but not homeless.
I finished an enlistment in the Marine Corps in 2006 and I work as an information assurance analyst for a government contractor. I have a wife and three kids. I have a home and I'm definitely not a hippie.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968