www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you personally use as your go-to putter? I have used a great deal and still don't have a 'favorite' putter, though right now I am putting two discs above all others, the Vibram VP putter and the Innova Rhyno.
Putters formerly used:
Innova:
Champ Spider
R-Pro and gummy Champ Aviar

Discraft:
Elite-X Challenger
Pro-D Soft Magnet

DGA:
Blowfly
Gumbputt

Gateway:
Wizard (all kinds)
Warlock (all kinds)
Magic (all kinds)

<i>Current putters:</i>
Pro Rhyno (soft/gummy)
Champ Rhyno
Vibram VP

What are your thoughts? Any help is appreciated, I can always putt better!

Tags: Putters

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think its more of A personal choice...Just use what feels right for you.
I use a soft Champ Rhyno with a flat top (some do have more of a dome top). I have used a lot of putters trying to find the 'one'. What made me stay with the champ Rhyno was a sixty foot putt I drained while playing with one for the first time. I have been hocked ever since.
I was in that same boat about 3 weeks ago. But I have an old school ryhno i think its dx plastic i mean ive had the damn thing 7 years, and people would look at me weird and be like what is that your putting with, and id tell em. Then I had a guy let me use his vibram summit putter and i fell in love with it. It has a fairly flat top besides the decal thing in the center of the top, but the grip is hands down the best. Ive played with the one i bought in the rain one day and it was a disc you could pick up even wet and throw and it would hold its line and felt fine coming out of the hand. I like the fact that there made of the same stuff shoe soles are made of and vibram seems to make awesome soles so im guessing this disc is going to last longer then i do. But its still soft and flexible and it seems to just float and i hit some nice 30+ foot puts with it and it was awesome to see i started turning heads with my putting skills.
I use to throw overstable putters...BB Aviar, Wizards, Rhyno etc..After some time I got tierd of them hyzering out to much or to soon. So now I use an APX swirl (Discraft). It's a nice neutral putter. Flies nice and straight with very little to no hyzer in it. Now I do also carry a JK Pro Aviar-X for windy day super long putts, but it has to be pretty windy.
First off, stats show that harder putters stick to the chains better than the soft ones. Also, just keep feelin around and find a disc that feels good in the hand and is consistent.
I was a big fan of super soft Wizards for almost 2 years until recently, when I decided to try out some of Vibrams discs. I am now currently using the Vibram Ridge in X-link medium as my main putter. I absolutely love the grip and feel of them, and they seem to fly similar to my Wizards, possibly being just a bit straighter. I also carrry a firm VP for my driving and overstable approach putter. The VP is the workhorse of the two, where the Ridge is my chain seeker.
SS Magic...very sweet putter. The organics are nice too.
I used to bounce back and forth between putters, until I watched the Mark Ellis "Putting With Confidence" video. He talks about getting two new putters (same model and weight) and sticking with them, so I decided to stick with my classic Rocs. I haven't even considered changing putters since then. It was the best thing I ever did for my short game.
where did you hear that?
Wizards, only wizards, any kind of wizards, I have every type, Evolution, Super Stupid Soft, Super Soft, Soft, Medium, and hard. All in 166 weight. I will never use another type of putter. Well mainly because I don't think I'll ever run out of wizards, but also there is no other putter I'd rather use.

I've been through everything except maybe the Vibram putters. Always go back to the Wizard.
I use...
FLX Challenger or
Elite X Challenger
Omega, Omega, Omega!!! I went threw the same problem of trying to find a putter, i found the magic worked pretty good. Then one day i was handed a omega ss now I own 10 of them from crazy soft too hard as a roc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968