www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you personally use as your go-to putter? I have used a great deal and still don't have a 'favorite' putter, though right now I am putting two discs above all others, the Vibram VP putter and the Innova Rhyno.
Putters formerly used:
Innova:
Champ Spider
R-Pro and gummy Champ Aviar

Discraft:
Elite-X Challenger
Pro-D Soft Magnet

DGA:
Blowfly
Gumbputt

Gateway:
Wizard (all kinds)
Warlock (all kinds)
Magic (all kinds)

<i>Current putters:</i>
Pro Rhyno (soft/gummy)
Champ Rhyno
Vibram VP

What are your thoughts? Any help is appreciated, I can always putt better!

Tags: Putters

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What I noticed, is that exept for the Aviar and maybe the Magnet (not sure on the magnet). All the putters you have tried, are on the overstable side for putters. For ME, my putting improved when I switched to a stable/understable putter. That putter is the APX. So now I carry two putters, my primary (APX) and a windy day putter (still use the APX until I'm 40' out) JK Pro Avair-X.
All that said. Stick with one, buy four of them and watch Mark E's Discraft video on putting. Because the truth is, the putter is not that important. It's the person using it.
Discraft Soft Banger GT!!
"Because the truth is, the putter is not that important. It's the person using it."

As a newby here..... Is it better for the player to have a selection to choose from?, or would that player be better served in getting one disc, no matter what putter it is and working to become acomplished with that?
The reason I ask is that I just got my first putter, an ABC "money", and I like it it and am very comfortable with it as it grips well and is not too soft or too hard......I'm very consistant within about 35 feet, so should I try for something better or get better with this?....Thanks ,Steve
i love using my super soft Voo-Doo, but recently got a soft ION, still getting used to it, but like it so far. like using my soft Wizard also but more of an approach or a longer putt-30" +.
See you already nailed the real question. Finding that putter that is "comfortable", "grips well", and is "not too soft or too hard". For some that takes awhile. I took me several discs before a found that, just right, putter.
Maybe Start a Poll ?
Donny, I don't know how to start a poll here ............but I'm going to stick with the one I have, and find some more of the same, it just seems to fit, and I didn't find it, it found me, it was part of a players package I recieved in my first tourney.........I think I got real lucky......

the arrow putter..stiff,hard ,and straight

Cryztal z challenger

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968