www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just picked up a new Champion Beast today. It's been a long time since I threw a Beast. When it came out it was THE distance driver but there have been several distance drivers released since then, so I was wondering if experienced players still throw their Beast on occasion and what shots do you like to use it for? Just curious.

Tags: beast, champion

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to two Champion beast i think there great dics.
Mike said:
Stan I really do not think they were targeting you. There are certain people on here that consistently throw in anti- Discraft, Innova comments back and forth. Look through some other Innova/Discraft related threads and you will find the humor. Terry does a great job moderating this site when he has to, which is not very often as far as off color comments go. There are many great people here just give it a chance.

Stan McDaniel said:
Well, my previous post was my first post on this board. I had heard that it was more civil and enjoyable than the PDGA board. To Lotto, Aaronv,Robby and Fred I would say that this will probably be my last post here. Perhaps you are trying to be funny, but it didn't come off that way.

Lotto said:
i use it for trading to get a better disc.

just never got into Innova, chill, i dont hate you.
I grab mine to throw backhand straight shots and forehand light hyzers.
...satisfying the ladies.

Seriously though, don't use the Beast much anymore. I will occasionally put my old Pro Line (champ plastic) Beast into my bag for an "all around" driver when I play a new course. All around, meaning, I can turn it pretty easy, get it to fly flat or rip it with hyzer and get dependable flights. Great feeling disc, which transfers for me into hitting the gaps easier. I've been trying out new discs so the Beast may make its way back in my bag eventually.
Champion Beast 175 gram used to be my long distance roller, but now I use a Boss. the Beast is a great roller. not too overstable, goes a long way and controllable.
Stan, I was just playing around. When I was a right hand back hand thrower, the beast was a good disc for me. I throw sidearm and forehand primarily now, so I need discs that are more overstable. All I throw is innova and I have nothing against any manufacturer. I hope you stay on the site because it is a great one.
Stan, please stick around. I know I want to hear what a three time World Champion and PDGA Hall-of-Famer has to say. I don't think folks were replying to you directly. I doubt they understand the magnitude of what you have done for this sport or they may have been a bit more respectful.

Stan McDaniel said:
Well, my previous post was my first post on this board. I had heard that it was more civil and enjoyable than the PDGA board. To Lotto, Aaronv,Robby and Fred I would say that this will probably be my last post here. Perhaps you are trying to be funny, but it didn't come off that way.
The last couple of years I've not had much time, or not been able to play a lot in the winter. I'm 50, and I broke my leg Dec 07 ... so winter play is STILL difficult for me.

So, that being said. I've been using the Beast (pro, star, ch) in late winter/spring as my "warm-up" disc for driving. It's a great mold, and it's very predictable. It's not difficult to throw, and still get's good distance. Perfect disc for getting back into the groove for me.

By the time summer hits, I'm ready for my Wraiths and don't have to change much because the Wraith is like a longer [Orc] or Beast.
What I think is going on here, Stan, and I am very sorry that you found some posts offensive, is that for some people, either the Discraft/Innova thing has to be really aggressively active or it's boring. I didn't see anything indicating that you were being targeted, and I'd bet that those whose posts upset you are not very happy about that.

You won't find personal attacks on here. But you might occasionally find "attacks on discs," I guess. I figure that's an outlet for stuff that could be worse.

Personally, I am quite interested in how older guys throw, and what. I wish that you had played that round with us at the IDGC. I was really surprised that you didn't.
who ever said we were disrespecting anyone? it was a joke, i would of responded the same way even if Obama started this discussion.

oh, and i think Blaze has checkmate.
Hey Stan McDaniel,

Welcome to the site. Sorry for the rough introduction. Generally this site is indeed far more friendly than PDGA.com. There is a lot of joking around which may not be completely obvious at first. One area where most folks generally take little offense is the perpetual (competitive) war between Innova and Discraft. If the topic had been a Discraft disc then a few anti-Discraft slams would have been expected and mostly ignored.

All kidding aside, the finest disc ever made is the Discraft Rattler. It has been over a week since I posted this.

To the regulars on this site I would merely mention this: Stan McDaniel is better than we will ever be no matter how much we practice. He could theoretically give us some rare jewels of insight which might help our games. Be nice to him and ask him lots of questions. Maybe he will forgive you.

Stan McDaniel said:

Lotto said:
i use it for trading to get a better disc.
Champ/star beast is good for wooded courses that don't require an extremely tight line

Not a bad roller

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968