www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im just curious. I am a merchandiser for coca-cola and have dreams to one day be free of a job and play disc golf fulltime. Yeah right......Im a worken man and Ive excepted that, but I would like to hear from some other people.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a building engineer. Because of the nature of the job I work a rotating shift, 1 week of 1st shift-1 week second- 1week third, then it starts all over. The great thing is it gives me alot of time to play DG. Most of the time I play when everybody else is at work, so the courses are pretty open and you can easily get in 2-3 rounds.

My boss has approached me about a possible promotion but it means I would be working 8-5 Mon- Fri. I'm having a hard time making up my mind, It would cut into my golf time by about 60%..........
hey now,Happy Independence Day July 4,2008
I've been in retail supermarket meat dept.for the past 38 years.Employed by big box big brother Wal-Mart for the last 11 yrs in Fl.Pipe dream is side job vender of disc's and contiuous playing of the sport.Old school target frizbee player from the sixties.Should of done the math better like Steady Ed,4+4=disc golf baskets,duh.mr ed,fl
i work in maines largest hospital, as a transportation dispatcher.
I am an engineer working as a project manager and traveling a lot. As I learn the game, I really look forward to playing in different parts of the country/world.
I'm a college student. LOL. This summer, I'm working on a mowing crew. When I get done with school though, I am hoping to work with Parks and Rec (and help push for more disc courses and such) with sports programming (like summer softball leagues and such) or work somehow within outdoor leadership/ summer kids camp type stuff... which kind of sucks for disc golf. I'm also looking at making a little money coaching some soccer... won't make a living off of that though! It's more for the love of the game. Hopefully the park and rec thing will work out for me!
I am the forman of the saw shop in a truss, wall and floor manufacturing facility in redding ca.
I refused to accept being a working man and quit my corporate job, took less money, and now work at a course full time. I split my time between working in the clubhouse and course maintenance.
I am a manager and bouncer at Coyote Ugly. Can usually play a round or 2 before I have to go to work in the mid afternoon to open up the bar, fun times.
I service and install 911 two way radio systems. Motorola mostly. been able to travel a bit doing this and seen some interesting DG along the way.
I am a project lead structural designer, for a company that designs and builds power plants.
I also have my own CAD business I run from my house. So if anyone needs anything drawn up let me know.

Leaves little time for casual golf. But that might be why I hate to play casual golf. Give me the tournaments every weekend and I'm happy. So my weekends are busy with disc golf, 32 sanctioned tournaments on the schedule this year. Already completed 15.
Someone who hates to play casual golf-That's a first. Love playing casual rounds-though I take them very serious to try and mimic the pressure from a tournament. I work at a Ski/Snowboard resort 6 months of the year. I used to teach tennis in the summer, but I'm so bored/burnt with tennis culture that I stopped teaching to focus more on Disc Golf. I do odd jobs, etc, and run Scoontars Disc Golf Art Store-an Ebay store.
Middle School Math teacher

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968