www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im just curious. I am a merchandiser for coca-cola and have dreams to one day be free of a job and play disc golf fulltime. Yeah right......Im a worken man and Ive excepted that, but I would like to hear from some other people.

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i draw malls...
i am a CDL driver for a local lumber yard
Im glad to see everyone that has replied makes more money than me.......I served with the 101st airborne division Field Artillery for 4 years two of which were in Iraq. I never thought I would be stacking pop for a living when I got out but oh well, cant take my expirences away from me. what about your dream job? I would and am going to school to go into the park service. I want to be a park ranger in the smokie mountians.. My dream job.
Thank you for your service Tom! I spent 8 yrs in the Nav. Last few during the first gulf war. We were scheduled to go but never happened.
40 yr old unemployed at the moment, starting school for network admin on monday, eventually want to be a DBA.
I am the Supervisor for a County Animal Control Agency. Hence the Alligator picture for my profile. I got called in to capture and help relocate this 8 foot 3 inch male gator from one of our towns. On father's day I might add. Fun job, pays the bills, lets me have time for disc golf!!!
I am the Emergency Management Director of my county. I handle most disaster operations in the event of a disaster and I train for them when there are no disasters happening. I try to obtain grants for special training for the first responders and/or specialized equipment.

For those of you who do not know what that is....

I am not a hero.. those are the responders (firefighters and police and EMS). I help them do their job and deal with the publics before and after problems. Say a tornado blows down your entire neighborhood... If the first responders needed something they didnt have, i would request that either from surronding areas or state or national government. I would also assess the damage and submit it to determine whether or not government could assist the public(give them money)

Because disasters involve terrorism and Hazmat, I also serve as the point of contact for the Office of Homeland Security. Office = local Dept = Federal.

Big job for a 21 year old I know but I have a lot of training, the right degree and some good friends.

Plus it helps when your a part of the local government when you try to get a disc course in your county!!!
I own and operate a Disc Jockey service for weddings and such in the greater Chicagoland area and run Channel Z's Disc Golf FLy Mart on E-bay. I work a lot on my 2 favorite courses in NW Indiana, Lemon Lake (Cedar Lake) and Harold Rogers Lakewood Park (in Valparaiso).
Bart

www.channelzdj.com
I'm a hydro store salesman in Humboldt county.
Worked in construction for 20 plus years. I left my job as an Superintendent a couple of years ago...now I work part time as a Mixed Stagehand/Carpenter.... Off Broadway Plays, Conventions, Tradeshows...the occasional Concert.
I also work doing security for concerts and festivals around Humboldt.
I sell drugs. I usually do about 4 to 5 hundred prescriptions a day at the Rite Aid in Hillsboro, Ohio. If anyone in the "disc golf family" wants me to tell 'em if they're paying too much for their or their family's prescriptions, just e-mail me the drugs, quantities, days supply, and how much you're paying now, and how you're paying for it (insurance, discount card, etc).

The drugs just don't excite me, though. I'd rather be like that company that doesn't make anything, they just make it better... and get paid to tell businesses how I think they could improve workflow, organization, and ergonomics and stuff like that to satisfy my obsessive compulsive disorder. =)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968