The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I saw a gentleman refer to tournament etiquette by saying "and no FLICKING"

what exactly does this mean?

Z

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lotto said:
maybe he ment no FLIPPING? as in flipping your disc instad of using a mini? in tournys people get all bent out of shape about that.
I just got confirmation that I had it wrong and that is exactly what he meant...I can see why, that would really improve the lie in some cases.

Z
It's not that it really improves your lie, it shoud do the same as putting down a mini on the front edge of your disc. Sometimes people actually flip the disc though and move it forward past the imaginary line at the front of the disc. Some people also try to place their foot more to the side of the disc than you would be able to legally behind the mini. But yes, in a tournament, especially sanctioned, use a mini.
zensuit said:
I just got confirmation that I had it wrong and that is exactly what he meant...I can see why, that would really improve the lie in some cases.

Z
Even in casual play, use a mini to stay in the practice of it. Flipping can actual constance another throw because you are actually placing a disc in front of your previous lie, so "Mini Marker" up.
Never use a mini. Stand behind your disc. It will save you bending over many times, especially in a long 3-4 round tourney over a weekend. If you can't make the putt because of the extra eight inches then you need to be in the back yard not on the course. The only time I use a mini is if it will somehow improve my being able to take a legal stance. i.e. stuck in a bush with nowhere to stick your foot.
Excellent point(s) Trevor. I do the same very often.
Trevor Thorp said:
Never use a mini. Stand behind your disc. It will save you bending over many times, especially in a long 3-4 round tourney over a weekend. If you can't make the putt because of the extra eight inches then you need to be in the back yard not on the course. The only time I use a mini is if it will somehow improve my being able to take a legal stance. i.e. stuck in a bush with nowhere to stick your foot.
Or if I wish to throw the same disc... you're sounding like you'll fit in well in the Masters division Trev.
Trevor Thorp said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968