www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey every one I am working with different grips/holds on my disc's. So I was hoping that y'all could tell me what typ of grip you would use for your Drive/app/and last but not least putting.And maybe if your feeling nice, what typ of stance you use while putting. Thanks again.

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Power Grip !
I use a power grip on backhand drives, peace sign grip on forehand drives and approach shots, a modified fan grip for backhand approach shots and putting, and I usually putt with a staggered stance. I've been leaning towards using the modified fan grip on my drives as well to maybe gain a little more control. I've been told that you sacrifice some distance with the fan grip, but for me that's only been 5-15 feet of d. I can live with that if it keeps me in the fairway more often.
i fan grip for everything. drives, approaches and putts. i know that's not the "right" way to drive but it works the best for me. i feel like i have alot more control with the fan grip and i definitely get just as much, if not more distance fan grippin and rippin then i do power gripping. its just my style of play you gotta do it the way you feel comfortable doing it
I use the modified fan grip for all three. I know its not the proper thing to do, but a find the have accuracy over distance to help me on 90% of the courses I play. When It comes to putting I use a normal stance and don't jump putt. I try to keep as much body motion out of my putting as possible. Once again taking accuracy over power, I may not have a solid 60+ foot putt but I hold my own within 60.
I see alot of you like to use the fan grip vs/power grip. I was woundering if any one puts a finger on the rim with your fan grip. or do you have all 4 on the base of the disc?
I have my pinky on the inside rim, ring and middle finger are somewhat stacked above it. Then pointer finger just under the outer edge of the disc.
I use the grips shown in this video.  The modified power grip for driving and the other for mids/putting.
Like the Video !!!
I use a fan grip for putting and a three finger grip for everything else

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968