www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey every one I am working with different grips/holds on my disc's. So I was hoping that y'all could tell me what typ of grip you would use for your Drive/app/and last but not least putting.And maybe if your feeling nice, what typ of stance you use while putting. Thanks again.

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Power Grip !
I use a power grip on backhand drives, peace sign grip on forehand drives and approach shots, a modified fan grip for backhand approach shots and putting, and I usually putt with a staggered stance. I've been leaning towards using the modified fan grip on my drives as well to maybe gain a little more control. I've been told that you sacrifice some distance with the fan grip, but for me that's only been 5-15 feet of d. I can live with that if it keeps me in the fairway more often.
i fan grip for everything. drives, approaches and putts. i know that's not the "right" way to drive but it works the best for me. i feel like i have alot more control with the fan grip and i definitely get just as much, if not more distance fan grippin and rippin then i do power gripping. its just my style of play you gotta do it the way you feel comfortable doing it
I use the modified fan grip for all three. I know its not the proper thing to do, but a find the have accuracy over distance to help me on 90% of the courses I play. When It comes to putting I use a normal stance and don't jump putt. I try to keep as much body motion out of my putting as possible. Once again taking accuracy over power, I may not have a solid 60+ foot putt but I hold my own within 60.
I see alot of you like to use the fan grip vs/power grip. I was woundering if any one puts a finger on the rim with your fan grip. or do you have all 4 on the base of the disc?
I use the grips shown in this video.  The modified power grip for driving and the other for mids/putting.
I use a fan grip for putting and a three finger grip for everything else
I have my pinky on the inside rim, ring and middle finger are somewhat stacked above it. Then pointer finger just under the outer edge of the disc.
Like the Video !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968