www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What happened to everyone here this site used to have tons of activity now it seems the same people just post over and over again.

Views: 226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I feel your pain. Just kinda turned into the same ole same ole

Yea sucks, to much traffic on DG Course Review, not enough on here.

I got sick and had to lay low for a while. I'll try and start posting again and do my part.

I have been over at DGCR because this site has been dead. I post something on a thread here, and a week later I am still the most recent post and it is still at the top in conversations.

Even Coonradt is tapering off.

I may come back :)

I'm usually here Once a day for about 15-20 minutes. I'm mostly on Facebook with alot of Folks from a dozen different Disc Golf Courses around the United States. To me , that seems to be where alot of players are at !!!

Perhaps many of us just got tired of "BS" that many started to encounter.Age factor also when injuries occur,takes the "game" right out of one when healing.Dealing with herniated discs after 43 years in the meat retail business.Still stop in and read,some posts are worth responding.

My PC was down... Work got real busy, but I'm back now with my new iPad. I love my tablet. disc golfing in the west suburbs of Chicago is great. New course's are popping up here and there, The 9 baskets out in Oak Brook IL is being re done. I loved the old lay out... I'm waiting for the new one to get finished. I was out once already and walked the course. It looked good. Just waiting now to play it

For one thing I find it much more interesting to actually go out and play disc golf than to talk about it. I have put up a few "rant threads" on here just due to the frustration that comes along with trying to be heavily involved in the local DG scene and actually trying to give a crap. I hope that everyone doesn't get too pissed off about those and I am trying to keep them to a minimum. But when summer comes along it does seem that things get a lot more chaotic at our course.

One thing about talking about different plastic anymore is that there are now so many different companies and plastics available that you will get a lot of different opinions if you ask whether X disc or Y disc is better. I will give my opinion if asked but it may not be relevant to someone else's game. I have a different style than a lot of people out there. One friend of mine absolutely loves discs that I would never throw.

I just stop in from time to time to check things out and post up a comment. Otherwise I would rather be out playing.

The activity seems to have split between DGCR and Facebook.  DGR is still fairly slow but less nonsense to sort through than DGCR.

I found that topics kept repeating over and over. I can only stand responding to the same topic so many times. I hop on here maybe 1 or 2 times a month now just to see whats going on.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968