www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A player carrying only one disc throws from the tee and lands O.B.  What happens next?

Tags: Rules

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bumping for Chuck's input on this.
Player can borrow discs from any player, retrieve them from their car or even buy new ones like I did in a tournament at Cliff Stephens where I lost three drivers in the water on the first 6 holes and happened to be located near the sales tent on the way to the 7th hole. The only requirement is the disc be PDGA legal and uniquely marked which doesn't have to be your name.
Can one retrieve a disc just thrown OB for the next shot? any ob water, road, etc?
Yes. If the TD hasn't said discs can't be retrieved from that OB area for some reason. If going OB was a required retee and the player was the last to tee off, he might not be able to get to the disc and back without a penalty for exceeding 30 seconds.
Excellent!!! good to know...I know a few seasoned players including myself that would say "no it's not allowed"...Something I don't think we ever addressed in a players meeting prior to a tournament....at least not that I recall....note to self!!
So, I think we've got it! Thanks everybody.
Someone should come up with a scenario that brings 10 obscure rules into question.
OK, here's one. Describe all of the ways this player could get at least a one throw penalty. The stranger the reason, the better. Here we go, "A player makes a throw."
Smoking a bowl for at least one minute, throwing without marking the lie, losing the disc, exceeding 3 minutes, no disc to retee, stealing a disc from someone else, not marking the disc for identification, what else?
Who said he threw a disc? ;-P
Smoking and stealing would make him DQ'ed lol
Making a throw would constitute having thrown a disc, otherwise it would not have been a throw. Throw a shoe, or a mini?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968