www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Would like to be more proactive about our local courses. Would really like to have some weekly freindly compitition to impove my game. I have no problem doin some work and up keep to keep our courses beautiful and to maybe change the kensington teenage trash can tipping doush bag element to more of a hudson vibe. maybe the disc fee will hellp but maybe not. If anybody knows of any good local clubs I woud love to hear some names or websites i can check out. Thanks in advance.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A direct link to Ann Arbor's club is www.a3disc.org. In a couple of weeks the club will begin its summer league.

One week ahead of that official league start, on April 29, next Wednesday, is the One Disc Challenge. On that date, anyone who comes out and pays A3DISC dues for the year gets a 2009 A3DISC disc, shirt, and mini AND the free "one disc" from Discraft, so 2 discs, a shirt, and a mini!

So joining the club on that day is a really good deal in terms of merch.

It's also a good deal for area disc golf as the club really puts a lot of money and sweat equity into new and existing courses. It bought the baskets for Waterworks, Bandemer, and Lakeshore - and contributed a couple thousand to the Independence Lake courses, for example.

One thing that the area could really use right now is someone who could work on developing a strong local like at Cass Benton/Benton Hills.
if you are free tuesday evenings.......ypsi pro/am dubs at rolling hills is a blast.......there is usually a good number of "pros" that show up! starting around 5:30 or so.......this will be my third year with this league.....lots of fun and lots of opportunities to learn from better players!!!

tpsi dubs rules!!!

as garrett suggested the leagues info on disc golf scene is a great resource....
a3disc all day long.. cass crew is good for making some random money and kensington will be whip once the new course is in. but IMO pound for pound a3disc has been going for 20 years, that should speak for it self...
a3disc looks like what im looking for. Thanks everyone for links and info. im moving to btown june but now in fenton so the hills are a little tough to drive all the way out there but i love that course hudson monster is probably favrite but just play kensington lot cause of my curent location.
then sunday doubles at kensington is where its at.
be there by 11:45.
$5 pay $2 ace pool.
$15 to become member (not mandatory but get stamped disc).
best disc doubles format.
last week we had 59 people.
winning team got $50 each.
Thats what im planning iv played with random people that usually play it. just havnt really played there before 5pm so havnt got involved. im definatly willing to bet 2 dollers to win a hundred ace pool on third to last pin. im sure i wont get it but i like the action. Although i bhavnt played the whole 24 much lately or have i been throwing from the pros. im hoping it will be dry tomorow so i can throw all 24 from pros.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968