www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I think i need to have a midrange to help longer putts and i dont know where to start. i also want to know if anyone would suggest me to get a DISCRAFT NUKE.

Views: 548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a little confused...are you looking for a putter that will help with longer putts or a mid-range that will will be a good approach disc?

As far as putters go, I use 3. I have a DX Aviar because if I need a putter to sort of turn over or just wrap around an obstacle that's my go-to disc. I also use this an approach disc at times. I also have a Champion Aviar that refuses to turn over and will hold a straight line, this is what I use for any straight line putt and will give me the best chance for longer putts. I'm also working in a SSS Wizard into the mix because sometimes my Aviars are just too stiff that day and the wizard will grab chains all the time! :)

I bought a Nuke, but I personally can't throw the thing. I've had a little better luck with the Katana but not much. I don't have a cannon for an arm though, so if you do you'd probably have better luck than me.
Well i was asking for a midrange but thanks for the putters
Well the ongoing joke on this site is "Roc or Buzz?" Both great pure mid-range discs - the list gets long after that ;)
actually its all about the shark haha;)
i make fun of my friend (who is historically and humorously cheap) religiously for throwing a shark, I say its a just a wannabe roc

I say own a KC pro roc, a couple of buzzes in diff weights/plastics (i actually prefer the pro d), and one meteor

Anyone else like the meteor? It's a funny wonderful little disc
I like to use my Discraft Stratus for long putts. Get a nice light weight version of it (pro D is my favorite for putting, but that's me) and go to town. It has significant glide and predictable fight paths.
I prefer an Innova XD for mid-range and long putts. It has a nice low profile and fits well in the hand plus it's dx plastic so it's inexpensive. I would probably go for max weight for windy days. It hold a straight line pretty well.
I say a Innova Roc (or) a Discraft Buzzz for midrange.
I say a Roc and a Buzzz. Two must have discs. As for helping on longer putts. I use a Classic Roc for those 100' to 125ish up shots/putts. Innova says it's a putt and approach disc, but I never thought of it as a putter. It's a great disc imo.
The classic Roc in anything but Star plastic is great, otherwise it is a stable pig. Which is good for upshots or headwinds. Some people like ridiculously stable putters, if that is the case then the Star Classic Roc is for you.
Classic roc, Ive had a dx classic roc for 3 years. It has hit more trees than Willie Nelson. The older and more mangled it gets the better it flies.
I too LOVE the classic roc. This is the best mid-range/putter anyone could own.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968