www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Please describe the characteristics that make a shoe optimum for disc golf (ankle support? sole?). What are some examples of this kind of shoe? Can you send a link to the kind of shoe you think is best for our sport?

I've had it with my running shoes--they are too wide to allow a spin around on a drive.

Tags: clothing, shoes

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always wear my asics running shoes. They are by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. Haven't had achey feet since I started wearing them.
i'm big on my montrail goretex trail running shoes.

Gore Tex, Vibram Sole, with toe rubber guard.
Have a pair of Merrells now, these are my 'next' pair.
Durability, lightweight, comfort, breath...
What's the name of this model - I can't find it online anywhere and it looks perfect.
Chameleon II Storm Gortex XCR
Found it just this morning! Different colors. I like the orange.
Thanks! I'm fond of orange myself.
I wear a pair of well broken in super comfortable cat work boots that go up just above my ankle. I have found that they are good in all conditions with a heavy stiff sole and good support for my ankle. Also the sole is super stiff so you dont get a lot of funky foot roll on bad lies.
I personally have the Solomon Techamphibians and I love them! I got them for around $40 online. They are great because you never know when you might run into water on a course. They dry fast and are machine washable. They have a lot of support and a convertible back that turns them into a pair of slippers essentially, which is great after a long round. They are also incredibly lightweight which I think is one of the most important factors when deciding on a disc golf shoe. I would definitely recommend these shoes and I know quite a few other people that wear the same.
For summer play I like using my old Prince tennis shoes, they're like slippers on the feet and just have little enough grip left to allow you to spin pivot on the drives. Winter is a little more difficult here in the wet heartlands. New Balance hikers are ok but not waterproof, may have to look at Solomons next go.

I have a pair of these !!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/BITE--DISTANCE-HIGH-DISC-GOLF-HIKING-TRAIL-SHOE...!_W0QQitemZ310155348414QQcmdZViewItem
Hey man, just wanted to add something here. For summer play, I really really like my Teva Narmadas. And they aren't very hard to find for a very reasonable price. There are also Teva Dozer, Omnium, Toachi, and Karnali sandal/shoes that are freaking great, plus I don't care if my feet get wet, so I'll use em anytime. For winter I wear my Merrell Boots.

Campmor has a great price on any of the Teva shoe/sandals. Narmadas are $40 a pair right now. Omniums, Dozers are $50

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968