www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i would like to find a good tomahawk disc, any suggestions?

Views: 2624

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Personally I think it's all about the flick.
I have 150 that I use for those quick right hand turns...I use heavier weights when I need the disc to turn later in it's flight. I have also heard the Venom is a great disc for it. Typically a disc that is super overstable is what most people use. Being though I ONLY throw discraft I am unsure of how Innova or other companies disc work with the thumber/tomahawk. I have also used a Crush...and my Predator. Whatever you do if you are going for a specific thumber/tomahawk disc makes sure you get it in Z plastic or Champion plastic...no matter what kind you get make sure it is the most durable plastic availible. That is the main advice from me.
When you say tomahawk disc how far are you throwing and which way is the wind coming out of. I think these are very important factors. If Kyle Pinkman hasnt spoken yet find him on here and ask him. He is by far one of the best overhand throwers i have seen ever. I like throwing firebirds myself but do good to throw 250ft overhand shots, therefor I do not throw them that often.
For Innova I like the Xcal, Max, and Firbird, the Teebird does good too.

Discraft, I like the Avenger, Surge, Flash, and the Flick.
Just as for most throws, the Firebird is the best driver ever!
absolutely the Firebird
I agree on the firebird, prefer the Star plastic, it tends to jump better for me than champ plastic does.
throw a Z CRUSH its wat i use and ive seen top pros use them
I prefer Champ Banshee's. They have a small rim thickness that is easy to grip. Whatever you choose to throw remember to follow through! You WILL know if you didn't!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968