www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Is it a different mold? What are these things? Do they fly different?

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is a Star Plastic Roc that is produced as a fundraiser for the USDGC. I believe they are the Rancho mold (which is the most common mold...most dx rocs and the kc pro rocs are the rancho mold). I cannot tell you about the flight in star plastic of that mold, I haven't thrown it. I've tried a few different rocs, but I always go back to my dx rancho rocs.
I'm fairly sure that KC Pro Rocs are actually San Marino molds.

They're definitely less stable than my rancho rocs.

Someone correct me if I'm off.
You're off. :-) But I don't have one handy to prove it, so if I'm wrong, I appologize.
they are champion rancho rocs (not star) from usdgc two years ago. The most overstable roc I have thrown. Piggy pigs. A great roc to complement a nice beat in, flat top, dx roc
Well, you're both right. They are Rocs that are produced for "throwing". They don't come with a holographic stamp or a cert. of authenticity (not a collector disc basically). I have bought several over the years and they have been in both plastics.
One you can live with out ! One time i was in Sweden and I was playing Rydskögens and I got this yellow champ roc I chucked it where I always chunk it as a up shot on hole two and I see kids run this way and that way I did not even see them back there come up to where my roc should be no roc I looked for days and never stopped looking even today in the US if I see a yellow champ roc it still hurts so now I just chuck thrower rocs and if I lose it I am not going to cry like that day in Sweden in the woods by myself
A very inconsistent Roc, they never seem to fly the same way twice. Well none of mine have, or any of the ones my friends have owned either
I made that last post not my girlfriend haha
You Innova basher! Hey what do you want for $25.... If you want a consistent disc. You'll just have to pay a couple hundred for it.....No big!lol!!
Most if not all KC's are Rancho molds. All the ones i have owned say Rancho Cucamunga on the back. I use 11x KC's cause i don't like the 12x plastic. The new Star rocs Being produced are the San Marino mold. They are indentical to the 20 year anniversary roc. I also have two 2006 usdgc thrower rocs; both are Rancho Cucamunga's in champion plastic.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968