www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is Considered the most sought after collectible Golf Disc (excluding the USDGC Rocs)?

Is their a particularly elusive collectible that someone has been looking for, perhaps even only exist in legend??

Views: 1312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

don't know, but it would be interesting to check back on this in 10 and 20 years and see whats considered collectible then, and whats posted here now.
nitegolfer said:
Off the top of my head.
Golf Discs? Old Aeros.
Old Shuttle Puppy
Old Flying Eye Stamped Discs
CE Stuff
KC ANYx Discs

For the Discraft stuff help me out guys.

Great thread and interesting news. I just got back into the sport after about 20 yrs. I stuck a 150g Aero, with a blue Discovering the World hotstamp on it, in the pond at my local course. This post will motivate someone go for a swim.
Pluto Platters
another rarity besides the aforementioned would be some of the 'eraser-like' DGA.....such as the sureshot or the hooker. To find one mint these days is rare....
biscgolf said:
Rusty Pappas said:
I think CE Gazelles typically go for more than CE Teebirds...probably b/c it was a much smaller run and the first official CE disc ever produced. I've seen them go for $300 on discgolfvalues.com.

Related story - a buddy of mine from Hot Springs was at a garage sale a few months ago and came across an original Pluto Platter still in the package...for a whopping $0.25 :D

don't the valks go for more than either one?

I was looking around on discgolfvalues.com a few minutes ago...Mark has what he calls an original CE Valk for $75, and the CE Gazelles are "on sale" for $150.
-CE Firebird
-CE Valkyrie
-CE anything, rilly...
-First Run Buzzz
-10x KC Pro Roc (not most sought after, but one of top three sought-after in my bag)
...oh yeah.
and the DevilHawk.
My buddy has a discraft dglo stamped avair.. Thats right a discraft stamped innova.. I'm not sure how "Collectable" it is but in my eyes... and for all fanboys on either side of the fence.. Priceless. I'll work on getting a pic of it for the "proof".
Gabriel said:
My buddy has a discraft dglo stamped avair.. Thats right a discraft stamped innova.. I'm not sure how "Collectable" it is but in my eyes... and for all fanboys on either side of the fence.. Priceless. I'll work on getting a pic of it for the "proof".

i've got a few discraft stamped innova discs from the ann arbor worlds where d-craft was title sponsor. i'd imagine they are not as rare as you would think- there are probably some from the memorial and players cup as well.
Kittyhawk anyone?
Arthur Haverkamp said:
Kittyhawk anyone?

Yeah, forgot about that one, those could be used to erase your score card and they made great putters, win-win situation.

Also, the Hall Of Fame discs and the World's Best Holes series, Lightning discs with the airplane images on them I have heard are somewhat collectible along with a Millinium JLS 1.1 and the Polecat just for giggles and to rag on the disc I got stuck with during a "mystery disc" round years ago.
there was a guy who came up with a sharp edge disc not long after the original eagle it was slightly under 21 cm and was wicked stable (esp for the day).i never saw one with a stamp there was prolly only 1 run and they were all flat white no markings.we used to call it the pill,great for sa rolling.id like to know how much 1 is worth and how many people have seen 1. that also goes for voits and this other totally unmarked blank white softouch like thing i aquired in the 80's

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968