www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is Considered the most sought after collectible Golf Disc (excluding the USDGC Rocs)?

Is their a particularly elusive collectible that someone has been looking for, perhaps even only exist in legend??

Views: 1316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know who made them. I'm not even sure who sold me my first Wally. I'm from St. Thomas, so probably Stocky Bob, Smitty or Barney. I do remember looking for it in the snow for hours! Back in the day when I only had 2 discs & getting a new one meant either a road trip or ordering by mail

whitler said:
right i recall it being called wally now.i'd be willing to bet it would still be in the very overstable range.i have 2 as well.as most people have no idea it existed pretty good example of a holy grail disc, the look of it fits.where was selling them?

liquid said:
This is not the Bullet, I had one of those too, ordered it & it was outlawed as soon as I got it. I think this is the disc known here locally as a "Wally". A comparatively sharp edge & a deep rim like a Phenix, as mentioned. I've only ever seen white. I have two in boxes somewhere & someday I'll pull them out to see how they compare with current discs. Back in the early 80s it was the most stable disc around. Somehow I doubt this is still the case.
I have 3 CE discs.An Eagle,TeeBird, and Valkyrie.The Eagle is in mint condition.What about special edition TeeBirds,anyone have any idea if they are worth anything to collectors?I have 2.
wHAT ABOUT a blueberry first run CE Valkyrie first run Zonedriven stamp. Saw it on ebay for $1200.

I dont know what people think but what i would call a sought after collectible would be something like the 1x world champion Ken Climo stamp disc on the Clearwater site
Hmm, I have a couple of those. They have not been used in many years though...

biscgolf said:
i believe the legendary "buzz-bee" is possibly the most sought after collectible. they do exist.
I have one of those too, it cost $.88 and has some cool graphics. I have a bunch but only one in its original package.

Donny Olow said:
Original Pluto Platter in package or the Mistery Y in package !!!!
is this in your collection?

AuS-Discgolfer said:

I dont know what people think but what i would call a sought after collectible would be something like the 1x world champion Ken Climo stamp disc on the Clearwater site
How about The Happy 40th b-day Climo discs. Only 100 printed. Or I guess another rare disc would be a discraft disc signed by Ken Climo.
AuS-Discgolfer said:

Of course the KC 1x is in my collection. Black gazelle with gold stamp, signed with gold ink. It just so happens that the 2x, 3x, 4x, and 5x are in the collection too. All black gazelles with gold stamps signed in gold ink.

Nah not in my collection i would love it to be though. My collection mainly consists of cool star plastic mixs and some signed discs.

whitler said:
is this in your collection?

AuS-Discgolfer said:

I've got an MRV signed by Mr Climo after he won the 1998 DGLO.

Nascar Mike said:
How about The Happy 40th b-day Climo discs. Only 100 printed. Or I guess another rare disc would be a discraft disc signed by Ken Climo.
Except that those "Climo" Black Gazelles are remakes of the originals. You can tell by the "Flying Eye Disc Sales" written around the other circle of the stamp. But still sweet discs, dont get me wrong.

My_Hero said:
AuS-Discgolfer said:

Of course the KC 1x is in my collection. Black gazelle with gold stamp, signed with gold ink. It just so happens that the 2x, 3x, 4x, and 5x are in the collection too. All black gazelles with gold stamps signed in gold ink.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968