www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is Considered the most sought after collectible Golf Disc (excluding the USDGC Rocs)?

Is their a particularly elusive collectible that someone has been looking for, perhaps even only exist in legend??

Views: 1394

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know. I remember when Mace was offering the set (all 5 black and golds) for $50. He was having a hard time getting rid of them. I think my set is number 45 of 50 total sets.
Hands Down The Most Collectable Flying Object on this Planet is the Original Pluto Platter in the Package by American Trends (prelude) to Whamo! It went for 6,500.00+ on Ebay!
2nd Most I call the Frisbie pie pans and your your Lucky enough to find one in MINT condition It becomes #1
3rd Would be the Buzz-Bee
Maybe not the most expensive or most collectible, but I would love a couple more Ron Russell Z-Comets. They seem to elude me.
I have a set of the Black and Golds series. Mine are 42 of 50, but I have two (different) 4-time stamp discs, and also a 6, 7, and 8 time disc. The 6 and 7 time are gazelles, but the 8 time is a cheetah.

The 4-time stamps - one is a 4 pointed star with each world logo in each quadrant, and the other is a series of baskets with the years and the Flying Eye logo in the middle.

Any idea what these would be worth? How many years were the discs produced? I know Kenny didn't stop winning after #8 in 1997.
i have a champion teebird bought it dicks sporting goods not long ago same disc
Definitely the Devil-Hawk. In Exploder plastic...
I personally like the Original First Run Red Candy CE TeeBird 174 grams.
I've got a Flying Eye Roc from 1994 signed by Climo.
It was during the baseball strike, and I had asked if he wouldn't mind "putting his Ken Griffey" on it.
So he signed it Ken "Griffey" Climo.
Look in my album "Discs". I have a couple of red SM Rocs in good condition.
I just saw one on ebay for like 400ish..
http://cgi.ebay.com/BUZZBEE-VINTAGE-70s-FRISBEE-SMOKING-PIPE-BOWL-B...
biscgolf said:
i believe the legendary "buzz-bee" is possibly the most sought after collectible. they do exist.

The legendary buzz-bee had two serious design flaws.  I bought one back in the mid seventies and took to the beach one afternoon. 

The first design flaw is that throwing the buzz-bee with a lit bowl, and it would smoke-it-up while in flight.  As a result if you threw it around a circle of 4 or 5 people everyone after the third person was getting an empty bowl. A normal bowl packed with the same amount of weed would go around twice.   Not an efficient way to consume an expensive product.

The other design flaw was that while the buzz-bee was smoking you’re weed in flight; the metal bowl was heating up and melting the plastic holding it in place. After one day of ownership I threw out a crappy Frisbee that was seriously warped, with a hole melted in the middle.

I’m willing to bet the designed obsolescent of this product has made it very rare.  The only ones available were never used or only used extremely sparingly.

I have one of the 2x Climo stamped on a San Marino XD DX. From what I have researched the black 1x stamp could get $300-$800 depending on what it is.

The 2x there were only about 300 made. I bought mine from Nick Sartori in Orlando when my home course was Barnett Park. Ken used to play at Barnett and after a round I had him sign it. I also have a couple of his Flying Eye stamps. My 2x is worth about $300.

Heres the link to find out about the Climo Champ discs...

Clearwater Disc Golf Store

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968