www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is Considered the most sought after collectible Golf Disc (excluding the USDGC Rocs)?

Is their a particularly elusive collectible that someone has been looking for, perhaps even only exist in legend??

Views: 1319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you are talking about the Bullet. Had one once. I had enough kitty hawks once to practice putting. I've still got 3 first run CE teebirds. One of the rarest discs I would like to get my hands on is a gumby p38 lightning- one of the best roller discs ever. Look at my stuff on discaroo user name osbogosley.
whitler said:
there was a guy who came up with a sharp edge disc not long after the original eagle it was slightly under 21 cm and was wicked stable (esp for the day).i never saw one with a stamp there was prolly only 1 run and they were all flat white no markings.we used to call it the pill,great for sa rolling.id like to know how much 1 is worth and how many people have seen 1. that also goes for voits and this other totally unmarked blank white softouch like thing i aquired in the 80's
Well I have 2 of the Kittyhawk putters super soft...and a few of the original p-38's. Glenn are you sure about the pill name on the super sharp edge thing ...wasnt there also one called a phlazer like that? Dont know how collectible that is though. what about the first clear disc released the se teebird at worlds? or the bronze version released at the same time. I have both of those and cant seem to find but a couple of them in other peoples hands.
ChainChomper said:
Well I have 2 of the Kittyhawk putters super soft...and a few of the original p-38's. Glenn are you sure about the pill name on the super sharp edge thing ...wasnt there also one called a phlazer like that? Dont know how collectible that is though. what about the first clear disc released the se teebird at worlds? or the bronze version released at the same time. I have both of those and cant seem to find but a couple of them in other peoples hands.

i've got a bronze se gazelle from back then too.
Whitler, are you talking about the Flazer from Drastech disc, low profile, supersharp rim?

whitler said:
there was a guy who came up with a sharp edge disc not long after the original eagle it was slightly under 21 cm and was wicked stable (esp for the day).i never saw one with a stamp there was prolly only 1 run and they were all flat white no markings.we used to call it the pill,great for sa rolling.id like to know how much 1 is worth and how many people have seen 1. that also goes for voits and this other totally unmarked blank white softouch like thing i aquired in the 80's
What about the original mold80 Night flyer?? Anyone seen one of those?
a good one would be a ben wal puppy the ancestor to the kitty hawks
a phlazer would be rare because peopl;e were so horrified by them.without a doubt the sharpest and most unpredictable disc ever made.the pill was just our nickname, it had similar features to a phenix but a mini version.it was a lot like a bullet but domier and deeper.still want a tour whitler? we could trade

ChainChomper said:
flazer was a bigger disc and from the late 80's the pill was late 83 i believe and wasnt that sharp.a touch faster than the eagle and hugely more stable.i think there never was more after the 1st small batch.they fell victim to the new rules like voits and the bullet.the only other name i heard was a 21 special

mf100forever said:
Whitler, are you talking about the Flazer from Drastech disc, low profile, supersharp rim?

whitler said:
Interresting, 21 special, the holy grail of golfdiscs maybe!!

whitler said:
flazer was a bigger disc and from the late 80's the pill was late 83 i believe and wasnt that sharp.a touch faster than the eagle and hugely more stable.i think there never was more after the 1st small batch.they fell victim to the new rules like voits and the bullet.the only other name i heard was a 21 special

mf100forever said:

whitler said:
This is not the Bullet, I had one of those too, ordered it & it was outlawed as soon as I got it. I think this is the disc known here locally as a "Wally". A comparatively sharp edge & a deep rim like a Phenix, as mentioned. I've only ever seen white. I have two in boxes somewhere & someday I'll pull them out to see how they compare with current discs. Back in the early 80s it was the most stable disc around. Somehow I doubt this is still the case.
right i recall it being called wally now.i'd be willing to bet it would still be in the very overstable range.i have 2 as well.as most people have no idea it existed pretty good example of a holy grail disc, the look of it fits.where was selling them?

liquid said:
This is not the Bullet, I had one of those too, ordered it & it was outlawed as soon as I got it. I think this is the disc known here locally as a "Wally". A comparatively sharp edge & a deep rim like a Phenix, as mentioned. I've only ever seen white. I have two in boxes somewhere & someday I'll pull them out to see how they compare with current discs. Back in the early 80s it was the most stable disc around. Somehow I doubt this is still the case.
Ok, you mean the Wally, yepp I have two of those close to the mold86 and Bullet, it was the predecessor to the Streamliner:
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc.aspx?DiscId=1721

whitler said:
right i recall it being called wally now.i'd be willing to bet it would still be in the very overstable range.i have 2 as well.as most people have no idea it existed pretty good example of a holy grail disc, the look of it fits.where was selling them?

liquid said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968