www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I mostly use Innova and some Discraft and I'm wanting to try out Gateway. Any suggestions on what I should get?

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wizard: tried, tested and true.
Wizard by far. The only thing is, is that when it gets below 60 degrees the hard plastic gets as slick as ice. But, just switch to a softer one for the winter.
jenny d said:
Wizard by far. The only thing is, is that when it gets below 60 degrees the hard plastic gets as slick as ice. But, just switch to a softer one for the winter.

I still think the Sabre is the most unique disc they make which has no real substitute when it comes to having a straight fairway driver,
Wizard
I have a glow disc from Gateway, but I have no clue what it is. It is a putter and has the 2008 PDGA championships stamp on it. Actually pretty nice disc, played with it only a few times, but seems a little like my Putt'r.
John Sturtevant said:
I have a glow disc from Gateway, but I have no clue what it is. It is a putter and has the 2008 PDGA championships stamp on it. Actually pretty nice disc, played with it only a few times, but seems a little like my Putt'r.

Magic? Does it have a big bead? If so its a Wiz no bead and similar to an aviar its probably a Warlock, No bead and shallow it is probably a Magic and the Voodoo wasn't out then.
John Sturtevant said:

if you got it at the glow tournament it is either a magic or wizard. that is what was given out as players pacs. thanks gateway!
Super Stupid Soft Wizard. Feels great in your hand and grabs the chains when you putt.
Found it. Went to the Gateway website and there was an on edge view of the Wizard and the Magic. The disc I have is the Magic.
Anybody want a 175g very early run, probably even a 1st run Blaze? This disc is blank on the top and has Blaze stamped on the bottom. Dave McCormick sent me a big box of discs to test in the late 1990's when Gateway was just starting out. This is a disc from that box. See attached picture.

WIZARD WIZARD WIZARD!!!!!!!!
zud00 said:
Which of Innova's discs are the following discs comparable to?
Wizard
Voodoo

Wizard. KC Aviar/Aviar Driver (bead)NEW. Overstable putter. Best driving putter IMO. Drives straight, and has a predictable fade.
Voodoo. Aviar P&A (no bead). I like the voodoo because it flies like a broken in P&A. They don't seem to be as flippy though. This is my favorite PUTTER, but it's also great for upshots and approach. Drives dead straight [not flippy] with little fade.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968