www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Why are people so fanatic about it. I carry a buzz and wasp in my bag, would I benifit from getting a roc!

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you don't have a Roc right now don't bother. There is no point in getting a disc if you already have others that will do very similar things and no point in trying to learn another disc. Stick with what you know. The wasp is a great disc stick with it and it will treat you right!
wouldn't it be great if retail disc stores had demo days
Why are trees good, why’s a sunset good, why are boobs good?
Nothing to worry about. Just keep throwing the best (Discraft).
only if it's a C.E. Roc, but dont get me wrong I love every version of that bird, its been around for 21 years and still going strong, please tell me when you see a usdgc Buzzz then I might (prolly not) go back to the buzzz. There are thing that the Roc can do that i couldnt even dream of doing with a Buzzz or a wasp, again the BEST disc in the amazing sport of disc golf....but the buzzz has its moments
boobs arent good there amazing
AMEN
Never really had a thing for the ROC, I like my Gateway midrange disc's much better... I hear it's the disc that can do anything... I don't need a disc that can do anything, I need a small hand full of discs that do one or two things well. I am not putting down the ROC or those who use it, just the idea that it's the best disc... If you think it is the best disc, you are right as it is the best disc for you! But it's not even a disc I have a use for.

opps I hope the crazies don't read that!
Then again I say that having only used the roc as a Mid-range disc... I just started throwing mid-range off the tee and love it! Maybe I should at least try a ROC off the tee... I am not a hater or some one that can't change his mind.

I just don't like changing my mind :)
I Know a little dirt on the ROC... 21 years ago the design was based-on (or stolen!! as I was told) from a Lightning P-28... I have a P-28 and there a lot alike hint hint.. Every time I look at a ROC, I imagine what could have been for another Company. All the ROC heads out there can thank a Texas company for the creation of the ROC or Should I say the P-28 lightning... Being a Discraft man I love the buzzz.. and Being a young/old soul in this game I used to throw A Griffin (its a meaner cousin of the ROC) It doesn't really matter what disc you throw.. Its how you use that said disc.. I could throw a hot round with just one disc.. The ROC was just an all around solid disc, period! From Top Pro to Novice it is consistent.
I carry both in my bag. I have a KC Pro Roc and a 1st run Buzz. I use which ever feels right for me at the time. They both do whatever I need (most of the time).
21 years ago lightning nor discraft had any patents to produce a "disc golf beveled edge disc" so thanks Dave Dunapace for inventing the beveled edge disc . O yea both those companies were sued over this and that's why you don't see lightning anymore and discraft still pays Innova .25 for every disc they create. Gotta love the U. S. patent system.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968