www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the bottle of the type that you recommend?
Do you use the bottle of what kind of type in round?
I use plastic or the thing which one-click can drink.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use the cube (square) version of the one pictured below. It holds up to 1 gallon of liquid. On 105* degree Texas days i fill it 3/4's up with ice then add water to the top. Ice cold water all round! The spigot at the bottom makes drinking simple. The best thing about it is it also serves as a seat. (Though i couldn't find a picture, the cube version's top is completely flat)

Its a toss up but both of these work well

I am in the plastics field and know for a fact water does not dissolve plastic. The polymer in question is, bisphenol A (BPA) this plastic can only contaminate water when it is heated. I drink cold water, not sure about you. Here is what one source said about it:
A report released early in July by the Polycarbonate/BPA Global Group stated, “Consumers would have to eat more than 500 pounds of food and beverages in contact with polycarbonate plastic or epoxy resins every day to exceed exposure levels determined to be safe by the European Food Safety Authority and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.”
All plastic used for any consumer food and beverage has to be a virgin material not recycled, and also has to be approved by the FDA and EPA, as a safe material for consumer consumption uses. If the material is recycled, then there has to be an inner lining of virgin material that contacts the food or liquid it comes in contact with.

It comes down to believing the scare tactics put forth by some who are uneducated about what the actual risks are, or may have interest in the industry, such as a producer of a more expensive bottle made out of Stainless Steel. In this article it mentions "Oprah" mentioning this on her show. I know there is the cult like following behind her who believe anything she says, but you need to research these things for yourself. According to other reports and the state of Califorina, things like Milk and Toothpaste can cause cancer. But the thing you need to realize is the ridiculous amount you need to consume to have that effect.
http://www.postindependent.com/article/20080731/OUTDOORS/65536291/1...

Johnny Macmillan said:
In Florida, in the summer, we have to drink lots of water. I drink over a quart every round on hot days. Every day is a hot day from May through Sept. Both plastic and aluminum can be bad for you. They both leach into the water. Plastic can cause genetic mutation. Aluminum is related to Altzimer's disease, so the manufacturers coat the aluminum with PLASTIC! The worst thing you can do is rinse with bleach. Bleach dissolves the plasic into your water. Oh yeah, there is chorine in all public water supplies too. Stainless steel is the answer. However, I still just buy a case of 20 oz bottles from Wal Mart. Refill for about a week, then recycle and break open a new bottle. Rinse the bottles before refilling to minimize the amount of plastic or aluminum in your water.

Face it folks, everything we breathe, drink or eat can kill you. Hope you don't choke, or get e.Coli from your organic peanut butter!
I agree that the risks are very low. That is why I use plastic water bottles. The Link you attached even states that chemicals leach from plastic into water. I never said water dissolves plastic. I may be wrong about bleach dissolving plastic. I also believe that all beverage containers sold here in America, and most other places are safe. If anyone is afraid of consuming too much chemicals from plastic containers, simply rinse them out, drink it that day, or keep cold. It takes time or heat for the chemicals to get into the water. I am not afraid.

Mike said:
I am in the plastics field and know for a fact water does not dissolve plastic. The polymer in question is, bisphenol A (BPA) this plastic can only contaminate water when it is heated. I drink cold water, not sure about you. Here is what one source said about it:
A report released early in July by the Polycarbonate/BPA Global Group stated, “Consumers would have to eat more than 500 pounds of food and beverages in contact with polycarbonate plastic or epoxy resins every day to exceed exposure levels determined to be safe by the European Food Safety Authority and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.”
All plastic used for any consumer food and beverage has to be a virgin material not recycled, and also has to be approved by the FDA and EPA, as a safe material for consumer consumption uses. If the material is recycled, then there has to be an inner lining of virgin material that contacts the food or liquid it comes in contact with.

It comes down to believing the scare tactics put forth by some who are uneducated about what the actual risks are, or may have interest in the industry, such as a producer of a more expensive bottle made out of Stainless Steel. In this article it mentions "Oprah" mentioning this on her show. I know there is the cult like following behind her who believe anything she says, but you need to research these things for yourself. According to other reports and the state of Califorina, things like Milk and Toothpaste can cause cancer. But the thing you need to realize is the ridiculous amount you need to consume to have that effect.

Johnny Macmillan said:
In Florida, in the summer, we have to drink lots of water. I drink over a quart every round on hot days. Every day is a hot day from May through Sept. Both plastic and aluminum can be bad for you. They both leach into the water. Plastic can cause genetic mutation. Aluminum is related to Altzimer's disease, so the manufacturers coat the aluminum with PLASTIC! The worst thing you can do is rinse with bleach. Bleach dissolves the plasic into your water. Oh yeah, there is chorine in all public water supplies too. Stainless steel is the answer. However, I still just buy a case of 20 oz bottles from Wal Mart. Refill for about a week, then recycle and break open a new bottle. Rinse the bottles before refilling to minimize the amount of plastic or aluminum in your water.

Face it folks, everything we breathe, drink or eat can kill you. Hope you don't choke, or get e.Coli from your organic peanut butter!
I was just making sure nobody took that as "drinking from plastic is bad for you". For that plastic to be bad for you, you would have to consume an unsafe amount of water or liquid. At that point the plastic would be the least of your problems as you would be dead from drinking 500 lbs. of water in one day. It is probably more unsafe to drink water from your hand than drinking it from a plastic bottle. Actually, you could eat certain types of plastic, and it is not bad for you. There are large beef farms that actually mix polypropelene into cattle feed as filler, then they clean it out of the waste and reuse it. As far as bleach dissolving plastic that is not true, if it were it would not be sold in PP plastic bottles, and it would not be used in washing machines that contain plastic conponents, or be safe to wash down PVC drain pipes that are in every modern construction.
I personally got my bottle at walmart for like 6 or 8 bucks, its a metal top and bottom on plastic bottle made by redline..

but here is a link to some killer bottles
http://www.ecosumo.com/shop/category/on-the-go/water-bottles-2/

my brother has the nalgene triton and it fits perfectlyinto innova sized bottle holders, he ramble on about how much he loves it... I wanna get one of the smaller 22oz triton OTG so itll fit my mountainbike and cup holders...
32 ounces isnt enough
40 oz or bust!!
I go wiht plain and simple. I buy two bottles of aquafina water in the 1 liter size. The fit perfect in all bottle holders, are re-fillable wiht the sink, if they crack or dent, you can buy a new one for cheap. If they need to be used to knock a disc out ofthe tree, you dont care if they break (as long as you still have another to drink). Plain and simple. Even throw in some "On the Go" Crystal light" to add flavor. Just wash it out after the round. Normally the night before an event, I fill it half way with water and throw it in the freezer, now the bottom half is an ice cube that will last most of the day.
Hey Y'all, don't worry, I LOVE PLASTIC!!!

Johnny Macmillan said:
I agree that the risks are very low. That is why I use plastic water bottles. The Link you attached even states that chemicals leach from plastic into water. I never said water dissolves plastic. I may be wrong about bleach dissolving plastic. I also believe that all beverage containers sold here in America, and most other places are safe. If anyone is afraid of consuming too much chemicals from plastic containers, simply rinse them out, drink it that day, or keep cold. It takes time or heat for the chemicals to get into the water. I am not afraid.

Mike said:

Johnny Macmillan said:

I have a camel pack that I carry during hot months, just a reg plastic bottle in winter.
Great post LMAO

Jack Davis said:
Its a toss up but both of these work well

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968