www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, and San Marino Rocs.  I hear a lot of references to these type of molds.

Tags: Cucamonga, Marino, Ontario, Rancho, Roc, Rocs, San

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Roc mold has been tweaked a number of times over the years. The least stable mold is the Ontario mold. Most stable is the Rancho Cucamonga mold and in between is the San Marino. You can tell them apart by the engraving on the under side of the disc. It refers to which factory the mold was created at.
The names are from the cities where they use to have their factory at. The rest is as "Star Shark" has said. You can still get all the molds when they make special runs. I mainly see them as CFR discs. Some people will tell you that they are not the same as the true molds and that the San Marino mold is the best out of the bunch. I prefer the Rancho Roc in Champ plastic, but that's just works for me.
I carry 2 Ranchos, 2 San Marinos, and 1 Ontario. They are all beat differently and I can do what I need to on 99% of my upshots and short tee shots with these 5 discs. For me, the Ranchos are the most stable and the straightest. The San Marino gives me a nice gentle turn over and the Ontario I can flip and turn hard if I need to. I love them all and with different wearing on each, they are all different discs.
Great question sean ,I always wondered that myself ,now we know

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968