www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does anyone have a recommendation on what currently avialable disc model(s) are equivalent to the old mold (CE plastic preferred) Innova Beast.

I'd like replies based on actual experience of throwing old mold Beasts and other models, not just by looking at flight charts.  I've done that and my best guess was the Innova Starfire.  I bought a Champion Glow Starfire and it does seem to be a good fit, but I'd like others to confirm.

I'm tired of paying top dollar for the OOP Beast.

Tags: beast, mold, old

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started to buy the worlds biggest disc golf weekend OOP Beast.  You can get them for around $15. 

The OM Beast was retooled because it was too close to the Orc.  Start there.

Starfire and Orc and similar in certain plastics or weights with good luck.

Also try the Discraft Z-Crush, compare the rims close up very identical. Crush maybe a tad more overstable, same speed/glide.

The New Star Valk is like it.  Mine is Stable.

I came accross these the other day while shopping.  Seems to be same beast you are looking for in champion instead of CE.  But the price is right..........

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-6130/Marshall-Stre...

Thanks everyone for all the very good input.  I've found the Orc rim to have a weird 'sharpness' to it which I am not comfortable with.  I'm really liking my glow Starfire, although I have only thrown it in winter.  The Marshall street and Worlds Biggests Beasts are excellent suggestions.... thanks.

Closest I found were the "Night Shift" Orcs, but you will have the same problem finding them as you do the Pro Line Beast. However, there not as pricey. Not as durable as CE, but I found this Star plastic to be more dense/rigid compared to reg Star plastic. I also found the Viking to be pretty close as well.

If you haven't tried one. I may be willing to part with a 175g Night Shift Orc. I just don't throw that weight anymore.

The champion and Star starfire is a not the same mold as the Pro starfire.  The Pro starfire IS simular to the beast.
I used to throw a lot of old mold Beasts, and just decided to adapt to the new mold Star Beast since its more readily available. Now I either use the new Beast released with slightly more hyzer, or if I am going for a little more distance, a broke-in Pro Wraith.

But my brother also used to throw old mold Beasts religiously, and he switched to star SL for the same type of shots.

As noted above the Pro Starfire is also like the old mold Beast. For some reason the Pro Starfire equivalent in Star plastic is the Star SL (the Star Starfire flies way different, way more overstable).
makes me wonder what the difference is between the Star SL and the star beast?
The pro Starfire is real close, just a tad more HSS

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968