www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Everybody is always mentioning "the future of the sport" in their comments. What is your idea of "the future of the sport"? How far do you want this sport to go?

It seems like we want the sport to grow. We want to see it televised. We want to see it in the olympics. We even want pros to be able to make a living playing disc golf. In order to acheive this, are we going to end up shooting ourselves in the foot by making disc golf more private and expensive. What do you think?

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my minds eye!
First we need more free par 3, 9 hole, red level courses. Courses that are friendly to newbies, to women and children, to old guys like me. This is because it is a really great sport for all these people, and to get more mainstream and develop that image we need those people to be out on the courses more. And as noted earlier, image really is important.
For every 3 or 4 of these courses we need a tournament worthy, advanced amateur, blue level, 18 hole course with additional red tees. This course could be a pay-to-play course. This is where the serious players who are into tournaments or working towards them will prefer to play. Although we all know the short pitch and putt courses will see lots of these players also. For every 3 or four of these advanced courses there should be a pro level, gold, par 65-72 course. These exclusive courses will usually be pay-to-play, will often have better clubhouse and proshop amenities and will cater to a few real pro level players and a lot of wannabes (like me again).

So lots of easy free courses! A nice availability of advanced courses. A relative few top level courses.
Something for everyone because it really is that kind of sport.

There are also other issues, like how the tournament scene (big media anyone?) might develop, and lots of ideas surrounding products (put in my order for the scratch and sniff) but the course outlook is foremost in my mind.
Mark Stephens said:
The future is no doubt scratch n' sniff discs!

No doubt....how do I get one? I personally would like one in Sea Breeze with a hint of Jasmine! lol!
Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
Mark Stephens said:
The future is no doubt scratch n' sniff discs!

No doubt....how do I get one? I personally would like one in Sea Breeze with a hint of Jasmine! lol!
My dyed discs are often "April Fresh" scented when I'm done. Or maybe it is "Mountain Breeze." I accidentally bought the scented liquid laundry detergent that I use in my dye mix!
im getting severe de ja vu reading this thread... havent we all done this before?
The future of this sport? I've been wondering about this exact topic for 30 years...really.
David Wiggins Jr.
The Future of THIS SPORT like all others is likely to involve Electronics.
Solar battery powered lighting will illuminate both the Disc and the Baskets. 24-7 Disc Golfing!
It will also likely Keep Score for you. Bar Coded Discs, no more LOST discs, when someone Unregistered uses them-
It alerts the owner- Time DATE and Target. Your Picture will be Printed on the ID section.
It will Indicate when your within 30 Feet of the Basket and perhaps within your BAG you will have a RANGE FINDER GPS.
Targets will have Advertising displays about their Sponsors.

Your Average will no longer be a Fictional number submitted by YOU. Sand bagging will END along with FREE Disc Golf.
Everyone GOOD will start by AGE 8 and courses will be redesigned like Golf around Tiger Woods.
Discs will cost as much as birthing your first born child and will transmit DATA via Blue-tooth to your Blackberry.
You will find it with your CAR Key remote- it BEEPS.

Smoking Pot will still be Illegal though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968