www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Everyone carries things like towels, pencils, bag tags, sanding pads, sharpies, bottle openers, water, lights, etc etc etc. But, what is the strangest thing you carry in your bag?

I've read and even submitted to the discussions on what you carry in your bag. There have been multiple discussions started on that subjet but not one that asks what is the strangest thing.

For me, it would have to be a bottle top that I picked up in Hawai'i. It's from the Kona Brewery on the big island and on the underside says PAU, which means "To Finish". It's a kind of talisman for me when my round is is ho-hum or seems to be fading down the stretch.

Tags: Bag, carry, strange

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK I better explain first.. For "fun" we will reverse shop lift, for lack of a better term, Some one's bag during around. So when you get this object placed in your bag (could be anything!). It is now up to you. To try and place it in another persons bag without them knowing, but since I recieved this wonderful item. People are alway on a hightend state of vigilange aroud me, because they don't want it in their bag!....Sooo it turned out to be a tampon! Yup, still in the bag...damn it!
Oh I love that idea!
Ditto, same thing here. It is better than golf balls for the most part (which I have a lot of as well). Baseballs are better than golf balls because of the Evergreens we have. Golf balls just don't carry enough weight with them to get through those branches.
baby wipes
I think we might have to burn the man card on this one...lol. Nothing crazy in my bag except cig butts and bottle caps since I rather not litter and for some reason they are still in my bag.
I too have a baseball that I found. It is truly ideal for anyone who played little league back in the day to discs out of trees.
Hmm...I'll have to look tomorrow. I like your talisman Dave. I'll have to throw something of meaning in the bag...or pocket.

I'll make mine a "strangest thing I do" for now. Before every putt I twist each of my rings so they butt up against my hand tighter. I wear a ring on each hand (one is a wedding band, the other is a "father band" that I wear to symbolize my commitment to my kids). I think I started it because I was a little paranoid that a putt might catch on my ring. I tried playing a round without it though and it just felt wrong. It felt a little like I'd put my family life on hold while I played disc golf and realized that I was doing that at times.

Well now I play disc golf a lot less and have a few more kids (3) and I try to be sensitive to their needs above my desire to play this game I love. So when I go out, I don't put them on hold anymore and I don't worry about the disc catching on my ring. Twisting each ring is a bit of a reminder of what I have at home waiting when I get back...win or not, lost discs, bad putting, whatever. When I walk in the door, my girls yell, "Daddy!!" and my baby boy toddles over smiling.

Okay, that got long and wistful...guess that's the Christmas Spirit at work.
I carry an old metal/tin Band aid box. I'll put a lighter and 4 cigarettes in it before each round (half the time I come back with 4 cigarettes) and if I smoke any the butts go back in the can. It also holds a short pencil for keeping score...no room for an eraser. ;)
I still have a course map from a temporary course set up for "Octoberfriz" 1996, Winfield, KS. At this tourney there was a 1256 ft hole and the tee was a top a cliff 309ft to the other side of a river. The course officials would shuttle groups across the river in a boat. My drive was low and left, after I was motioned from the officials it was O.K. to tee off. The boat was parked on the other side of the river and my disc hit the boat and "aced" the trash can in the boat. So I kept the map showing the hole locations.
___Tab
The local course is adjacent to a minor minor league park, so my disc retrievers like to bring me the foul balls and home runs they sniff out. The record for a day is ten, it was interesting getting them in an already disc loaded competition bag. Maybe I should keep one for disc-in-tree purposes.
I have some used toilet paper that I forgot to throw away after I had to use it during a round (don't ask). Over the winter it fossilized and deodorized, and I carry it to keep my scorecard in. I have made up a different answer every time someone in my group asks me what it is.
funny, but I don't believe your story about how it got there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968