www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Iwant to start a disc review forum.  The idea is that you post one disc that you have not tried, and would like to know about.  I would suggest asking about less used discs (So not buzzz, roc, etc.)  You post the one disc, and the direct replies to the disc will be reviews, or what you might compare it too.

I will start the first one.  Hopefully this will help expand peoples knowledge outside of the regulars of disc golf.

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gateway Apache
Flazer
XS.  Elite Z and Elite X

Not a bad disc, I little understable for us that like that kinda thing! I can flip it or run it straight.. all in what I need at the time. Smaller lip then some of the new wide drivers for those who have a hard time gripping wide rims. Come in Sure grip or HPP plastic... I would say go for the HPP as it's worth the few extra bucks.

I still have the Prototype in my bag of tricks.

isn't that one of the players on the globo gym team in dodgeball?
Havoc
storm .
Great disc.  One of my go to drivers.  I carry 2 Evolution (HPP) Apaches in the bag at all times - one max weight and one 10 g lighter.  They are extremely controllable and durable.  The lighter weight disc will hold a turn for a bit longer and is great for those 350' gentle anhyzer holes.  The max weight is great for the 350' straight line shots, s-turn shots, and even the shots where you need a touch of hyzer right at the end of the flight...like I said, very remote controllable.  I love the feel of the HPP plastic and the rim depth is right in that old school comfort zone.  If this disc doesn't feel good in your hands, you obviously have bought into the wide rim technology craze whole hog.  It reminds me of alot of the top designs from the mid/late 90's and early 00's (Cyclones, XLs, XSs, etc, or their Innova counterparts).  If your throwing style revolves around overpowering the disc and relying on its stability to produce your length and accuracy, this disc is probably not for you.  My throwing style revolves around relying on the disc to flip up or stay flat for me, old school style, and I absolutely love this disc
First Run Red Candy TeeBird TL.
I have the Havoc in my bag and have played 5 rounds with it now. I really like Lat 64's stuff and carry several discs in my bag that are all first choice discs. That said, I like the Havoc and have been using it whenever I reach for a driver, the verdict is just out as to wether it will replace my other plastic over the long haul. It is really fast with a ton of glide and a nice bail out at the end with skip on most angles. The cons are that it overlaps some other discs that I use and the wing edge is so fine that it makes it real sensitive to release angle. I love Lat's stuff so I am not cutting it yet, try it out.
I would like to know about the DiscMania line. Mostly durability of it. I throw Champion and Z plastics, so I wanna know if they can keep up with those particular type.
Discmania is made by innova so d line is dx p line is pro and s line is star so far no champ(c line, except for cfr stuff but it is supposed to be coming this year) most molds are existing innova wings with discmania's top (pd is firebird wing craze is viking wing, frenzy is katana wing ,fiend is a tweeked mako wing, rush is a modified roadrunner etc.)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968