www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyway today I took my son disc golfing today. He loves just being out in the stroller with me while I am throwing. Anyway I was throwing with another member of our local club and some casuals started playing behind us. They threw before we were done with a number of holes nearly hitting my son in the stroller and narrowly missing the other guy I was throwing with. If I am 400+ feet away and you know you cannot reach me by all means throw. But when you can obviously hit the people why?
Why the hell do you throw?

What would you do in this case? When they got close enough to use I told them not to throw on us again and they didn't but honestly wtf! I should never have had to say anything in the first place.

Tags: casuals, common, courtesy, sense

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So another casual yesterday decided to walk into our fairway as I was about to drive. (Literally during my run-up) I stopped and said dude I nearly took off your head, you are in my throwing lane please move. He is all like whatever and stood there. So I said look out I am throwing this over your head and launched my Z Force. As it flew by within maybe 2 feet above his head the look on his face was priceless. He turns around to see the disc park the basket. His jaw dropped to the floor. I doubt he will stand in the way of a speeding disc again after hearing it wizz by.
I know it's tough but being as polite as possible will help insure that the course will be in the ground for years to come.
This happened to me yesterday(just not with a baby)...all I did was ask him if he was a fucking idiot and then he stopped.
Great story Nascar Dave.. Anyway, I can see this situation from both sides. I've had people playing significantly slower than me that just didn't understand that they should offer to allow me to play through.

But that doesn't excuse putting people in danger of serious injury...

Nowadays I just announce that I'd like to play through if they take too long to offer. There are a lot of people who don't understand how course etiquette works and may just need to be asked once or twice.

-Ian
Just think of how you'd feel if you'd aced the hole. You'd be ecstatic...until you ran up to get your disc and found it incinerated. I would at least demand a brat in return!
90% of Clearwaters club are casual golfers. there is always heated words about whats important(drinking,smoking,courtesy and club focus) The casuals help me handle distractions better!
Bottom line it was wrong! Everything I have read on this thread should be tried, ask them nicely, or ask them to play through. Ignorance it the main problem, sometimes just talking to "them" about etiquette can solve alot

But I can tell you one thing...you hit my kid with a disc because your being stupid...there will be a reproduction for sure.
Should have Disc Golf signs posted stating No Throwing Until it's Safe !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968