www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So can someone please tell me....

What is with people TEXTING AND DRIVING?!?!?!?!?

What the crap are they thinking?!? You honestly don't have the motivation to hit the SEND button and just TALK to them?

Just today, in 30 minutes I saw 5.......5 people TEXTING while they were driving.
One of them so much that they we in front of about 20 cars going 15 miles under the speed limit and not seeing red lights turn to green. When I finally got next to her in the other lane her face was buried in her phone! WHAT!?!?? And get this, the light turns green, she doesn't go right away (and shes in the right turn only lane) and she goes STRAIGHT!!! there is no lane there!!!! WTF!!!

I don't want to die because some stupid chick is texting her boyfriend and she merges into my lane on a 5 lane downtown set up. All I know is that I am constantly driving for work (delivering pizza) and I see people doing this everyday. I wish there was more that i could do than honk my horn and scare the crap out of them. WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?!?!?!?!?!

Check out this picture right below

Views: 26

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Q) how do you get a bass player off your door step?

A) you pay him for the pizza
Haha...very funny...you pay him for the pizza. Don't forget to tip your driver too...i get some pretty terrible tips...meaning nothing most of the time.
jan 1 in bc we have banned hand held phone and or texting there'll be lots of tickets being issued here for sure and good on em
In Indiana they're working on a law to ban cellphone use while driving. I don't know if it will work though. it's almost impossible to enforce. It seems like every other car I see, someones talking on their cell and about every 6th car they're texting. I don't get it either. It must be a generational thing. most of the people I know that are my age would rather talk to you than text you.

p.s. I ALWAYS tip pizza delivery.
a dead zone connection when car key is in the steering column,auto kill switch for any keyless cars.
This is a major problem....never has it been more important to pay attention to your surroundings.

There is a push to do something....but unfortunately not before hundreds will die needlessly.

Here is a couple of stories of late regarding this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/03/eveningnews/main5361508.s...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6086781n&tag=contentMain...
Let's not get distracted by "texting" when studies have clearly shown that even hands-free cell phone driving causes diminished capacity equal to drunk driving. I suspect the sudden emphasis on texting by the media is driven by cell phone companies trying to get a focus on enforcement that slides over just talking on the phone.

I've been t-boned by a cell phone driver and had quite a few dangerous near-misses, and have seen even more.

I think phone records of anyone in a car crash should be available to see whether or not they were on the phone - and 10x damages for those who were.
Job security!
Wow...that was a crazy video. Pretty horrifying. I was talking to my boss the other day and she was telling me that one of her sisters friends was texting while driving on the freeway, started merging into the other lane, and put herself right under a truck...dead instantly. Its a horrible way to go but who else is there to blame?
I couldn't find the exact piece I watched the other night....but the advocacy group mentioned in those news stories is pushing lawmakers to push auto makers to install something what Ed was talking about in all vehicles.The problem with that...is under federal law...all cell phones regardless of whether or not they are connected to a service provider have to be able to dial 911.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968