www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So can someone please tell me....

What is with people TEXTING AND DRIVING?!?!?!?!?

What the crap are they thinking?!? You honestly don't have the motivation to hit the SEND button and just TALK to them?

Just today, in 30 minutes I saw 5.......5 people TEXTING while they were driving.
One of them so much that they we in front of about 20 cars going 15 miles under the speed limit and not seeing red lights turn to green. When I finally got next to her in the other lane her face was buried in her phone! WHAT!?!?? And get this, the light turns green, she doesn't go right away (and shes in the right turn only lane) and she goes STRAIGHT!!! there is no lane there!!!! WTF!!!

I don't want to die because some stupid chick is texting her boyfriend and she merges into my lane on a 5 lane downtown set up. All I know is that I am constantly driving for work (delivering pizza) and I see people doing this everyday. I wish there was more that i could do than honk my horn and scare the crap out of them. WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?!?!?!?!?!

Check out this picture right below

Views: 13

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I couldn't find the exact piece I watched the other night....but the advocacy group mentioned in those news stories is pushing lawmakers to push auto makers to install something what Ed was talking about in all vehicles.The problem with that...is under federal law...all cell phones regardless of whether or not they are connected to a service provider have to be able to dial 911.
Job security!
I hope there's a portion of compassion behind that...
It's a law here in North Carolina. I believe it went into effect not even a year ago. Not sure if they're enforcing it enough because I still see it.. and see people texting while taking up two lanes of the highway. It's just ridiculous... they compare it to driving drunk.
Emma,
DId you hear the story in the news about the teenage girl that was texting and ran her car into a school bus last week? Luckily no one was hurt. It has gotten pretty out of control. Noone realizes this until another life is taken. Honestly, I wish that for one week all cell phoens would stop working. It would be interesting to see the torture that would reak havoc on all of my students. Too bad there is nothing that most of us can do about this. It has been banned in a lot of inner cities (including Detroit), but on the big scale, what does that help? I heard of some app that can be downloaded into a phone and then it does not work while you are driving. Maybe soemthing like that should be mandatory unless you are calling 911. The best thing you can do is to go to a city meeting- I gaurantee most of the public that would be there would support you on this!
wow...i didn't hear about that one Jenny. And i totally agree that the world would be in chaos, not knowing what to do!

My aunt lives in DC and she told me that the cops will get up next to you and just wave to you to get off your phone (because i think its even illegal to just talk on the phone). They won't even pull you over because they have more to worry about such as the ridiculous crime rate.
you think they would be more interested in doing that here. I think the state could pull in a lot of money in giving tickets for that. It is sad when it comes down to it being beneficial for the money part- not the saving lives part. But, if bringing in more money from tickets saved a few lives, then maybe it is worth it.
completely agreed. Thanks for the great input Jenny.
i don't think its for the beneficial part at all jenny. i think its because the fear of getting a ticket which costs hard earned money is going to be enough to reduce texting while driving significantly. I text and drive ALL the time. As in - when I'm driving, I'm usually texting! I've almost gotten in a few accidents because of it, but I just keep on doing it. My excuse is that I barely ever look down at the screen because I can text a whole message T9 with no typos sometimes without looking. BUT I still look sometimes and its still not safe. Do I do it because I'm a bad person and don't care about other lives? Hell no! Is it because I'm completely irresponsible? Nope. Its because I feel like its safe enough for me to do (I'm a better driver than almost all of those idiots out there) and I know its legal so there aren't cops watching for it. Obviously I know this is the mindset of many of the people that get in terrible accidents. I would be ALL for a law against it. It's probably worse than not wearing seatbelts. But until then, I just feel too natural and comfortable texting and driving. Behaviorally speaking: Not a strong enough fear of an adverse consequence.
perhaps u should stop txting while driving or u may go out in a blazo glory
haha nice man. i thought about this thread on the way home from work today, and kept my phone in the old pocket. even when it vibrated.
Maybe you feel as if it is safe for you to do- i am sure there are many people who have a high alcohol tolerance and feel they can drive perfectly fine drunk too. HOwever, your risk of getting in an accident increase probably by 100% if not more. It's the same thing as drunk driving- it is nothing but purely selfish. Lets say you do end up getting in an accident because you looked away for one quick second- is it fair to the person who could possibly get killed? It is better to be thinking of other people- not yourself, and not the person you need to text. Think about the mother who could get killed, or worse off the innocent baby who could get killd. Is it that important to send a text right that minute? Argue all you want, you will never win on this one. Even you say you do it all the time- why not have some consideration for those people who choose that their life is more important and that contacting the peron on the other end can wait- show some respect for others.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968