www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

My ambition of next year must enter the ranking range where the world championship entry qualifications can be taken in Japan.
And, it participates in the world championship.
What is the ambition concerning Discgolf for you?

Views: 542

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, I want to revist these goals as it is the end of my 2009 season (officially at least):

1...varied success. I played great when I was confident without exception. I still played timidly at times though.
2...less success here and I'm frustrated by that. I still ease off my putts too much in competition.
3...this goal actually was achieved (sort of). I actually decided to work on my lefty backhand instead and now I can easily throw it 320 ft, out to 350 on a harder rip.
4...I let this one slide in favor of working on my lefty tosses. But I learned that I can thumbers with both hands about the same distance (230-250ft). I just don't like throwing them (I'd rather spike hyzer) and there aren't lots of times that I absolutely need to throw it. I'd still like to improve if I can find the time in 2010.
5...success. Maybe I gained just a little distance and I play hyzer flips in the woods with more confidence.
6...Semi-success. I can roll a long distance shot with pretty good consistency now. At least if I screw up now the results aren't as catastrophic. I'm by no means a rolling master yet though.

I encourage others to read what they wrote on this thread and reflect on the goals you set. Have some grace for yourself too!
I would like to get into serious competition mode in 2010 and give the top Senior Grandmasters a run for their money at Pro Worlds. I've gotten better every year since I started playing in 1999, so I think I could still step it up another notch. The main obstacle however is time. If I lack the time to get serious about competition, then a more minor goal would be to develop reliable overhand throws. Oh, and it would be nice to get most of the second course in at Lakeshore.
I'd like to play in a tourney every month and move a little closer to the top everytime. I'd like to run a fundraising tournament for our local animal shelter also.
I'd really love to travel to Worlds, if only just to watch!!
I've been learning a backhand roller next year I will use it in tourneys.Second I will learn to play better in the rain.Third I'll learn to climb steep hills during a mudslide in pouring rain.(thanks a ton K.C. worlds)
my goals for next year are:
1. play more tournaments, like twice as many as this year, especially PDGA tourneys.
2. add 100+ points to my rating.
3. perfect my forehand roller to the point where i am confident enough to use it in a tourney round.
4. learn backhand roller and tomahawk/thumber.
5. cash at least every other week at leagues.
6. cash at 5 tourneys, win at least 1.

i think these are very easily possible, and i will get at least 4 of them done, hopefully all 6.
my ambitions for the next year......... well ... the list is long so i'll give you top 5....
1. to be the best husband and father i can....
2. to be a good, carring son to my parents and my wifes parents
3. to be a friend and neighbor people can depend on in tuff times....
4. to be a responsible citizen in my community
5. to be a dependable employee to the company i work for that provides for my family......

.............. after that..................
win the lotto and play disc fulltime and enter every tourny in the southern nationals that i can...
all work and no play makes "jc" a dull boy...

jc
be good
have fun
my ambition for the 2010 season is to consistently drive 325-375' accurately off the tee, have a filled bag instead of only five disc, get a practice basket, increase my putting so it's consistent from a variety of ranges, and last but not least enter my first tournament.
My goal for next year is to get back to tournament play level and play in some tournaments. I've been out of the sport, except for my casual rounds, for over 10 years. I got the fever again! :)
Terry, thank you.
I was able to meet various people on the coattails of you.
I really thank you.
It will be difficult for me to go to U.S.A. next year.
I want to do convincible round in Japan.
It is wonderful that you who want to "take a tournament of the fundraising for the shelter of the local animal" can do round with one purpose.
I pray for succeeding.
I tried a backhand roller by the world championship of this year.
However, I had a hard time because of the grass different from Japan.
I want to become better, too.
It is a splendid wish.
I agree with you, too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968