www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i am taking recomendations for a new mid range.  right now using a star mako and champion wraith for anywhere from 30 to 100 feet

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

R pro rhyno for 150 in. lands right next to the bakery basket. 60% of the time it works all the time.

Wizard. Too close for a midrange.

I prefer Z Wasp, or Z Drone.  Let the disc do the work.

Kinda curious what your Champ Wraith is for at that range? I sometimes use a Champ Firebird for extreme hyzers or skip shots for this range so I'm guessing it's a similar situation.

Otherwise I would think a putter would be best in this range. Maybe a mid if it's windy or if you need a little bigger hyzer shot than you are comfortable using your putter for.

i've actually been using my wraith say around 150 to 60 feet aproaches, its funny but a light power rh side arm shot(accounting for its fade and skip) usually gets me real close to the basket. anything less and i really love the mako
shark!! any plastic but champion
i would use a putter from 30 to 100 feet.  you would have more control with your shot and it wont go flying by the basket or skipping away when it lands. now for my mid range picks, i use 3 different mid ranges depending on the shot i need. i throw a comet if i want it to go dead straight, i throw a buzz if i want it to go straight pretty much the whole time and turn right at the end, and i use a fuse if i want it to go straight then turn left at the end(and by the way i am left handed so if your right handed just reverse the turns) if you get good, you can easily throw a mid 300 feet. i almost always throw mids off the tee( unless it is a wide open long hole). you may lose a couple feet here and there but at least you'll put your shot where you want it. good luck

Star Mako

Buzz SS

For the shots you are talking about why not use a putter. Mids have a greater margin of error. To fast, to much skip. I use a buzzz on shots between 175-275 feet unless it's really windy. I hope this helps...

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968