www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I pretty much throw the same discs that I've been throwing for a while but I do like testing out new discs from time to time. Lately I have been impressed by the Latitude 64 Flow and I just got a Discraft Crank and that disc is pretty awesome. Another one of those discs that you can put a lot on it and have it go slightly right, glide forever and then fade at the end. Also trying out a TeeDevil next week.

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm only talking drivers here because the mid-range market selection seems overwhelming to me. I recently bought a Krait-Blizzard due to all the hype about the blizzard technology. I like it a lot and can get slightly more  distance than most of my older standard discs. The lighter weight does not perform well in head winds though. I still love my Surge, Wraith, Flow, Nuke, and believe it or not Monarch. If I had to choose just one it would be the Flow.

I am waiting for the next radical design improvement or wearing out my existing discs before I purchase anything in the near future. I still have several " brand new" discs in my garage waiting to take the place of a lost or damaged one.

Seems that the manufacturers are coming up with new models but sometimes they are just "splitting hairs". In other words, one driver is just slight different than another and in between two others. Not a lot of difference sometimes. I actually carry plastic from six different disc brands in my bag. However, some of those discs are quite similar.

I do like the Flow. Probably a lot like a Katana, maybe a bit more overstable.

Not a big fan of the "air discs". I got a VIP Air King but it doesn't throw as well as the original already in my bag. So it sits at home and will do backup duty for now.

For me, it's a hard choice between the Patriot and Rival.  Love them both.

It's this variation of an existing disc.

A Metal Flake 167g Innova Champion Wraith.

Trying some of the lighter, but not too light weights.

Flies farther and smoother....... with ease of throw.

Still keep the 170ish broken in Champ Wraith in the bag.

Good to have options.

Yesterday we had the last Monday night singles league of the year since we change our clocks on Saturday night. Anyway, a friend of mine showed up and promptly locked his keys in the car along with all of his discs. So I lent him some trunk discs. He tried out a Predator, a Classic Inferno and a DX TeeBird. The predator didn't work all that well since it is a bit beat in and flipped too easily. He actually liked the Classic Inferno and the DX TeeBird a lot. Funny thing is he actually won league playing with my used discs. The Classic Inferno and the DX TeeBird really came through for him.

My Star TeeDevil just showed up but I haven't had a chance to throw it yet. I also want to dye it red first (it's baby blue right now).

Vibrams new disc The Unlace, lots of backhand "s" flight. more distance than from my blizzard disc.. 

Played with a guy yesterday who throws a lot of Vibram. He throws both the Lace and UnLace and gets good D with them.

Lat64 Saint and Air Saint.. amazing distance and control.

I just started throwing the Innova Atlas and have fallen in love with this disc.  It flies dead straight and doesn't take big bounces off trees. 

All the courses I play are heavily wooded so having a disc that's not going to go careening deep into the woods has improved my confidence when choosing lines and has made a 2 or 3 stroke difference in my game.  

I have just about converted my whole bag over to lat. 64. Yes I know I shouldn't devote myself to one brand but I love their plastic, and no I'm not just talking about the molds but the plastic itself. The grip I get even when cold and wet is fanominal!!! But anyway, my go to driver as of now is the bolt! Currently have 5 in the bag. 2 @ 175 for strait to hyzer, 1 @ 172 for strait, and 2 @ 169 for hyzer flips and anhyzer shots. So curious how the opto air bolts are. Any input?

I recently traded for a yellow ,domey 156 opto air bolt and i really like it, a longer comet is what i would call it. A fun disc that is good for flex shots , rollers ~ all around utility disc.Its great for my aging arm and the fact that my home course is a  woody, sheltered course (mchose).

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968