www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was wondering what disc or discs in your bag do you think are really underrated by you or by others you play with.

I have to say for me it would be a discraft hawk. I really never hear anybody talk about it and I have been ask a few times why I throw it. I throw it because I have confidence in it and it flies really well. It is great for those tight tee shots under 300'.I think the main reason is that it is made in the cheaper pro-d plastic but it really is a great disc. I sometimes find myself reaching for it before I reach for my buzz.

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hear you on that. I bought a few Champ Whippets a few years back. The most overstable disc I've ever thrown!
PD, Xtreme, Comet
Innova Viking
Very dependable driver
I can throw it straight, make it slow turn, or keep it on a sharp hyzer.
Actually, I think I need a new one...off to find one.
hmm i would have to say my xd putter, not talked about much but overall its a great putter. other than that i dont have many disc people don't use besides maybe a shark
I would agree with the Firebird being a staple disc. I've been playing for almost ten years; and it is the one disc I have always used. I have a least three in my bag at all times.
I agree the viking.. the old flat ones that is, are sweet. great tight wooded flip up to flat, turn then fade disc. got a beat in old flippy light weight one and i just cant seem to take it our of my bag!
I put a new, fairly stiff (LSDiscs) warlock in my bag for short, straight, stable upshots/drives. It has turned out to be a real go-to disc for me. The thing flies long & straight & I can put a good amount of power into it & it just glides longer. Underated? Big time! (by me)
so far only a few disc listed would qualify as "under-rated" IMO.

just sayin'
Discraft Meteor
Discraft Storm.
Great at holding a line and gives me great distance.
Beat up JLS for rolling .
Well I just traded a stalker for a limited edition esp comet because I've been wanting to try out a comet because I've heard a lot of good things about them. Once I got it I took it out to the field and grabbed my innova wolf because its the only other understable midrange I have. I was impressed with the comet but I was also impressed that the wolf can do everything the comet does dead straight flights with no fade, long flights that plane to the right the whole time, long sweeping anhyzers without fighting out of them, and sharp anhyzers. The only difference is that the comet has a LOT more glide Its funny sometimes when the comet hits the glide phase of its flight it pops 15ft higher up in the air and then smoothly glides back down, Its awesome to see. That makes the commet get about 30ft more distance than the wolf on average although it might be good not to have that pop at the end sometimes if you have a ceiling. I wonder why I took the wolf out in the first place? It was only my 4th disc to buy and it weighs 180 so maybe it was too heavy for me to throw at the beginning of the season.

Overall I think both the comet and the wolf are very underrated discs but the wolf is a lot more underrated in my opinion. I know I can't wait til the next time I get to play a really wooded course.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968