www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was wondering what disc or discs in your bag do you think are really underrated by you or by others you play with.

I have to say for me it would be a discraft hawk. I really never hear anybody talk about it and I have been ask a few times why I throw it. I throw it because I have confidence in it and it flies really well. It is great for those tight tee shots under 300'.I think the main reason is that it is made in the cheaper pro-d plastic but it really is a great disc. I sometimes find myself reaching for it before I reach for my buzz.

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A large portion of these discs people are naming are FAR from under rated. In fact a lot of them are considerably popular discs. I'm waiting to see someone pull out the 10m brick (Pure junk) or something obscure like that.

I've used a blowfly in the past, and thought it was under rated for short puts. If it hits the chains it sticks. But they are uncontrollable outside of 50' maybe even less than that.
I can agree, I have 2 blowfly's, but I use them for long, long putts......think over 75'....... but I am a fan of the flip hyzer, which blowflys do quite nicely..... The only reason mine rarely make it into my bag is due to how funky they feel in your hands.....
Cyclone
i'd say either my champ groove or star sidewinder is my most underrated disc. people seem to go to the boss for a speed 13, but i say the groove is where it's at
Gateway Soft Warlock. This putter is a workhorse!
Yeah, the Millennium Sentinel is just a Champion Roc. That being said, my Champion Rancho Roc is by far my favorite mid I've thrown.
Champion Roadrunner
I agree. I still throw a boss but my groove is the go to driver
I am going to have to say the Discraft Flick or Crush
The Reaper, i am one of two people that i know use it carry it most of the time.
I don't carry one any longer. But I would say Flash's are highly under rated. Another disc you can do just about anything with.

Champion Orc's are highly, highly under rated. I just took out my Star Wraith's out of my bag after throwing a round with Champ. Orc's vs Wraiths. Go about the same distance each as a Wraith and have much more control. I'll lose 5-10ft on my drives for the added control of Orc's any day now!
I love my core. I sunk a 100 foot put in a 15 mile an hour head wind yesterday. That plastic is great feeling and seems pretty durable. There's lots of asphalt in vegas and the opto dosent dent and scrape like star

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968