www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What kind of grip do you guys/gals use when throwing a putter longer distances (longer approaches and shorter drives)? I love how a putter will basically sit right where it lands. I'd like to use this to my advantage on shorter drives and longer approaches. I've slowly been working the throws into my game but I have found I'm not real consistent in my grip. I just wanted to know what grips other people are using for these shots.

Thanks.

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The important elements for me throwing a putter are that the index/pointer finger has the bead of the putter in the first knuckle digit and that the pinkie is tucked tightly against the inner rim of the disc. The rest of the fingers are splayed comfortably on the underside of the flight-plate. I used to throw it with a straight up fan grip like I putt with, but it was really inconsistent. I've had much better results since I started tucking the pinkie. Now I feel comfortable throwing a putter up to 280'.
thanks Brandon, yeah I think thats the grip I'm going to use. I messed around yesterday and thats the grip I like.
I like The Bird... works great for me. Index finger around the rim and pinky finger tucked tight with my ring finger stacked on top of that one. Good grip!
This is good info for myself as well, was not to long ago I started using a putter and mid-range for driving. For the most part I throw the putter with a power grip, but some times I find myself bring my pointer finger up on the rim like I was putting... I do not mean to do it but it just happens.
I tried these stack and fork grips, I never can stabilize the disc in my hand. the standard power grip rips my aviar p and a's right up the fairway

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968