www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am getting ready to mount a new MANDO sign at my home course, Jefferson Barracks.  What type of screw/nail should I use to mount it to the tree?  Is there a particular metal that is preferred?

Views: 598

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for all of the input fellas.  Here is how it turned out...

It is WAY up there!  Had a fellow DGer, who also happens to be a tree guy, climb the tree and do all of the dirty work.  You can see it perfectly from the teepad (its slightly downhill to the tree).

For the sake of those you may have inspired with this really cool sign: Get permission first. 

It's not YOUR home course, it's Saint Louis County's (or whatever government or private owner).

Adding anything to a park without permission is vandalism, and usually breaks the law.

No parks person I've ever talked to would ever allow anything to be mounted directly to a tree.

Take the required step of finding out what the park manager wants.  Make sure that what you think is an improvement is actually best for the park.  The final result will turn out better, and not be subject to being removed.

The park manager at JB is quite happy with our progress in the area.  There has been a general agreement, for the last 5 years or so, that we have been given a certain amount of freedom to make improvements.  This certainly isnt the case everywhere, and I am sorry if it sounded like I was implying this.  Point taken.  Thank you for the reminder.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968