The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

1 hit there 
ten 4'the other

why is one good
and the other bad?

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What a great video. I want to go to sweeden to play.
I agree it doesn't have to be elite pros to be good, example Vallarta Ast, but the trio in the swed vid are top pros. I can't think of all the names offhand but they are all on lat 64's team including jesper lundmark, co designer for a handful of their discs and the top rated pro worldwide.
Cool, didn't know this. Either way, if it's good game play (which I know a large majority of the people on here have experienced) and all the other factors previously mentioned, I'm in.
smash the girl in the video.
Disc Golf Paparazzi

I started videoing my kids at disc golf tournaments in 04 or so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QP_DsSsRIA

2005 saw me playing in the 1st Players Cup. The second and the third days saw me teeing off pretty early so I grabbed the camera after the round and video'd most of the lead card's second round and all of their third round. I got every shot on every hole. Then I was at the 2006 Cross Canyon Challenge a few months later....showed up to practice on Wednesday and nine guys divided up for doubles. I reduced the number to 8, grabbed my camera and video'd the Champ shooting every hole with his doubles partner. The bug bit hard in 2006 as I video'd 3 National Tour events, Bowling Green Pro and Am, DGLO, and the Brent Hambrick. My goal was always to film every shot the lead card took in the final round or 2. I was tripoded but just one camera angle. The lead cards were comfortable with me taking some unusual angles so I got some great footage and after an edit crazy month or so turned out some unique disc golf video. I also shot the 2007 and 2008 Memorial and the 2009 Melbourne Open. I used music and/or commentary for the soundtrack and plan on doing a video every year. See some finished product descriptions here....

http://www.discgolfflymart.com/discgolfdvds.html
Thanks for the compliment Steve. Yes, the quick cut style is something that I have used to get people's attention. My latest projects have been following the lead card during the final round for the tournaments that I travel to. I am producing those into DVDs and I have learned that it takes a lot of time (especially since right now it is just me). Also I am working closely with Dynamic Discs to produce Dynamic Duels, videos that are similar in style to Clash DVDs. It is definitely a learning process as a lot of these videos that people really like such as the one from the swedes and the one carl posted are all staged. What I am trying to achieve is excellent camera work in a setting where the player doesn't (and shouldn't) wait for me to figure out what makes the best angle or if I am in their line of sight.

Another obstacle is the course itself. If the hole is open then it is easy to capture the flight of the disc but if their is a blind spot due to trees or hills it can be difficult to get the best view of the throw.

Hopefully my DVDs will be successful and will allow me to invest in more equipment so that I can my own mobile production crew and I can roll up to any tournament and provide excellent disc golf coverage or ESPN hires me. :)

I am very excited at the direction CoolDaddySlickBreeze is taking and I always get positive vibes from disc golfers that I meet.

The best part is that although I can only do this part time for now I am having the time of my life doing it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968