www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I started throwing buzzz's in Dec. sense then my game has become way way better. I've hit 4 ace with it aswell, Thank you Discraft for making this wonderfull disc!

So what's your 1 disc that changed your game (for the better)

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DX Rancho Roc. Nothing else comes close!
NUUUUUUKKKKEEEEE
the rhyno. got every birdie in my first tourney win with my pro rhynos off the tee
The TeeBird. After I started using this disc I found the fairway more often.
The Innova Monarch; it gave me a fighting chance to throw a driver until my technique and arm speed was fast enough to throw faster more overstable discs correctly. I found this out just about the time I was getting frustrated with the aim right fade left scenario.
Of course Donny Olow beat me to it but the AERO made my Midnight Flyers seem like . . . . well, like Frisbees.

Since 1982, the only disc that has truly impressed me as much is of course.......The NUKE! I mean HOLY CRAP that thing just plain goes!
Different discs changed my game dramatically at different times.

Early in my career I switched from driving backhand to forehand. It wasn't voluntary. My right knee would not tolerate the torque of a backhand drive. The disc which was flat enough and overstable enough to allow me to overcome my flutter and still fly with power was the X-Clone. Before the X-Clone I thought driving forehand was pretty much impossible and driving forehand into a strong wind was absolutely impossible. From there I went on to Banshees and Firebirds and now on to Crushes and Forces and Flashes for my control drivers.

I had been competing in the Pro ranks for several years when finally I learned how to control a forehand midrange disc. Putters obviously have limited range and drivers are very hard to control distance-wise on forehands. If you flatten a driver a bit too much it glides too far. If you flip a driver over, even a little bit, it may glide WAY too far. Even if you judge the speed pretty well, once a driver hits the ground the skip (or lack of skip) can vary a lot. So the middling shot, which for me is in the 125' to 250' range, which used to be scary as heck has come to be a strength in my game. The disc which does that shot best for me is the Buzzz. I learned on the Wasp but as I developed touch and control I found I could shape a shot or make it go straight better with a Buzzz.

If you get the speed right on Buzzz it naturally wants to fly straight so controlling the distance and hitting the window on an upshot is much easier.

The most recent disc which has changed my game is the Nuke. The Nuke, in my hands, simply goes much farther than any other disc I have ever thrown. It took me a year of fiddling with it until I put it in my tournament bag. I didn't like the rim. I didn't like the dominess. I didn't like the touchiness into the wind. But once I realized how far it flew I had to take the effort to learn it. Now I realize the key to the Nuke is learning how to throw it and when NOT to throw it. Into a screaming headwind it stays in the bag and I pull out a Force.

It is not uncommon for me to compete against players 30 years younger than me. Most of these kids throw a ton. The Nuke is not an option, it is a necessity. Not including backups, I carry at least 2 ESP and 3 Z Nukes.
Thats hard question, Right now that would be either the Element of the Warrior from Gateway. I use the Warrior for most of my mid-rand and fairway drives, but the Element is always there for the big anhyzer save!
The TL is one of the newer disc. It is a "Longer Tee Bird". The flight is about the same with the fade happening just a little later, and depending on how high it is, a little less. Good straight flyer.
i think the TL(Teebird top, Leopard bottom) Is one of the next disc I want to try, I just cant get into the teebirds but the TL looks to be more into what im looking for. You might try the Stalker from Discraft, about the same flight but seems more consistent to me

Two discs for me. Driver was the Pro Boss 172. Was the 1st driver I was really able to control consistantly for show. Then came putting for dough... My Vodoo(SSS) putter...for me it goes exactly where I need it to go... somewhere close to the basket, lol...just kidding, it is a very accurate putter.

I have to agree the cyclone made me love the sport very easy to control and throw a mile,was a great disc to get u started.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968