www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This discussion is for all of those who are frustrated with the course selection around your neck of the woods.

I live in Grand Rapids, MI; and anybody who knows GR and its local disc golf courses well, knows that when comes time to play, your only logical choice is to start driving to the southside of GR. This is a pain in the butt, since I work 8-5 and trying to drive anywhere after work is a timely ordeal. I would like to see more courses on the northside of GR. For instance, how about Towns End Park, or Lamoreaux Park, or Wahlfield Park, or just any where! There is so much beautiful terrain on the Northside, that it blows my mind that no one has taken advantage of it. The only course that technical counts as being on the Northside is Riverside Park, but most would consider that park to be more centrally located. Where would you like to a course added?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yellowstone park.
central park new york city would be cool
I really think there needs to be another disc course in Millennium Park, townsend would be nice, seidman would be frigin sweet for sure, or even out at cannonsburg state game area or at the ski hill even... timber ridge did it, cannonsburg def. could too!!! I Think provin trails would be a good one too
So tell Kent County Parks. Search for Kent County Parks Master Plan, and read through it until you find something in there that sounds like they want disc golf. (Hint: look for words like "new" and "changing" recreation needs.) Fire off an email to the Parks Director. Point out how disc golf fits with the master plan, and ask what it would take to get a disc golf course in a County park. Then do it.
In the state of Hawaii and in the county of Hawaii which is the Big Island, the laws regarding such things do not allow the placement of "permanent" objects in any county or state park. There are no regional or city parks,so no concrete tee pads or pin placements in parks like Wialoa or Mackenzie. The liability is an issue here too. As sports go in Hawaii and on the Big Island go we rate at the bottom, but I don't think that this counts us out. I'd like to ask anyone who has gone the mile and found the avenue for their help and advice . I've seen many tee pads with the Rotary seal in the pad. I'd like to have a plan (outline) to present to the local rotary and the parks department that would convince them to support our cause.
A Hui ho,

castawaydave,
sounds like a plan to me
I thought there was plans for one. Even if they just gave Johnson the attention it deserves, that would be a plus.
I don't think it would be a bad Idea if they added another course along Hines Drive somewhere. The could use the baskets from Cass Benton, and let the coursen replenish itself a bit.
I'm thinking the Grand Canyon would be cool. Good elevation changes.
Maybe the Girl Scout camp there would like someone to donate a course to them, and then maybe they could share it.
anywhere in the state of Utah would be nice, especially in North Eastern Utah

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968