www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I Prefer the Z or Champ also Im starting to like the star as well

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like Star/ESP for the grip....Champ/Z for the long term durability.

DX for a Classic Roc. SS for the Magic
I throw all lines, just depends on the mold.
Ya i started playin this season and my elite z has takin a beatin and still flies great. Just got some champ discs bout a month ago, i like them just dont know if they hold up as well as the Z yet.
Whys that? what molds/disc do you match up? if you dont mind elaborating i would appreciate it. Im just getting into the game and im trying to learn as much info as possible. thanks : )
Let me help with that....I have a Champ Firebird and a Champ Eagle in my bag.....both are just about 8 years old and they still fly relatively the same.
i have all kinds of plastic in my bag. opto line, zero line, z, esp, ss, champ, kc pro, se, star. i think i like the feel of my first run star destroyer the best though. the opto line plastic feels good too. just something about beat in star plastic.
I throw Star for my high speed discs and Champ and "Z" for my lower speed discs (my fairway and midrange stuff). Dave D. mentioned that he did this in a post. I thought, who better to take advise from than him.
d line putters, pro destroyers, nice s, star destroyers stay stable longer when I need it to finish left. z flick, this plastic will last.ESP buzzz, x line crushes nice s's. If your just starting stick with d or dx plastic then you can see how the discs break in.
I have just about all the plastics innova currently makes. Star Beasts/Leopards all differently beat in, 2 champion wraiths (one old style beat in for straight shots, one brand new overstable for hyzers) and a pro for wide open distance, a star destroyer for big wide open hyzers, aviars and rocs in glow plastic, aviars in star plastic, classic rocs in DX plastic (one beat in, one brand new)..

About to have a Buzz in FLX plastic that I just ordered. :)

Really which plastic you want for whatever disc just depends on how fast you want it to break-in and how much grip you need. I like Rocs in glow plastic because they aren't as domey as other Rocs it seems and they have a great grippy feel. So they're more overstable but tend to break in fairly quickly. Same with the Glow Aviars as far as the feel. I only throw them for turbos so there isn't much danger of hitting a tree hard and they have nice grip which helps with a turbo. Star Aviars that hold up to abuse but still have good grip for driving.

Drivers tend to get beat-in fairly quickly so having the higher grade plastics is helpful to keep them consistent (especially at my home course which is tight as hell). Having your distance disc (my wraith) in pro plastic for big wide open shots is also helpful as they break in quickly (nice for hyzer flips) and it has great grip.

Just my 2 cents. :)
Z
ESP,FLX, Z and champion all are good plastics to me. I really like the flx because it is grippy and can take a beating. I recently bought some r-pro bosses and I like the feel but contrary to my first experiences with it, it does get beat up in the woods a bit. Took a couple to idlewild and well they got beat up a bit. They still fly good but have a few good nicks in them.
Z- Discraft
Champion/Star- Innova
ESP is growing on me
always like the CFR Innova.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968