www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

White River in Auburn, WA is my closest home course. Been out the past 2 days tromping around and realized one of the shortest holes on the course is Scary, especially when the River is high....

It's only 285ft. from the Blue and about 235ft. from the red tees. For a RHBH thrower, it's a short, hard anhyzer line into the trees that go down the embankment to the White River. 

The angle of the embankment is MUCH steeper than my cell phone cam makes it look. MANY people end up skipping, or rolling, down into the river and loosing a disc... Thought I did yesterday, but got Lucky....

What's your Scary hole????

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pretty much any course with water haha. It was the thorn in my side for the first three years of playing. I went through maybe 15-20 discs in that time due to water. Now I just take the water out of play.

factory 2nd glo champion whippet. it also has mexi

joes name on it (i bought it from him)

Hole 16 at Fort Snelling when all the local law enforcement agencies are holding their training on how to shoot things and blow things up - right across the street!

Oh, and there's water.

Yikes.. My home course is Lazarre in West Monroe La.  Heres a youtube video http://youtu.be/59OBkUxfT3E     if that dont work try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59OBkUxfT3E. Theres 2 courses.. a high water and low water.  During the summer the low water is a great course to enjoy with a solid challenge everytime with a mix of everything. Open Holes, wooded holes, tight fairways, a couple of monster holes  over 400 ft. , and some easy birdie holes. However sometimes in the winter when the low water course is completely submerged from flooding, the high water course is just nasty. Probably over half of of the holes are a water hazard and even if your good with a strong wind and a small mistake theres a 50 50 shot you will never see that disc again. I was crushed when i first started playing i lost my pride and joy crystal z buzzz on hole 2. i threw it slight hyzer and it looked like it was about to sink into the chains and a gust of wind caught it and took it about 30ft into the river

Course I played in Santa Cruz , DeLa Vega.  I think it's Hole # 7.  Drops off nearly 300 feet to the bottom of a road with poison oak on the way down on the right side of the fairway.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968