www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am looking for a new driving putter.  I currently use a challenger but have not been happy with the results as of late.  I am looking for something I can rip on and know it will fly straight, but something that also won't hyzer out when throw flat and slower?  Is there anything out there for me?

Views: 1603

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well said, I agree completely. I made the crazy decision to switch to the Mercy putting at Worlds after only a month or so and have never putted better. I drove with the Mercy quite a bit too, keeping it straight was critical on the Charlotte courses. As for the Pure, remember that discussion about having newbies learn to drive with putters and mids? I agreed with you, limited results. But the Pure might be the perfect disc to learn to throw a disc hard and properly.

I would agree that it takes a good move to net the desired results with the Pure, do it wrong, and it shows. It has all been going right with the Pure, and today it went perfect. I aced hole #9b on the Lakeside course at La Mirada. In the new teepad position we are estimating 355' downhill under a low canopy. Smashed the crap outta the chains.

I may have to start throwing driver only rounds to make sure my form is up to speed to throw my Pure. :)

Well done sir!

How is the mercy compared to the pure in the hand?  Is it deeper than the pure?  I love the Zero line grip but how is the new EZE?  I am thinking of getting an Opto Pure.  I am really liking how the pure is flying for me right now.

It is deeper and a much different feel. The ones I got are super sticky and feel like a medium wizard to me.  I love the opto and gold plastic but the eze is perfect for a putter imho.

Hands down, the Zone it goes farther than any normal putter, its very low profile so its almost more of a mid range, I can huck one 350.  I can also attest to the focus being a great driving putter, I never seem to turn it all the way over. Ive also thrown one of those over 300ft.  But really its whatever works for you, I see people using all different putters to drive with.

KC Pro Aviar.

Distances out past 250' with a putter is getting pretty extreme. I know we can all do it because we are studs, but that really is a long way for a putter. There has to be a comfort level for you with driving a putter, mine is about 70% power combined with hitting the right height and angle. Beyond 70% and my form will break down for driving with it; that or I better have a little room for making the mistake. I am so much more effective using a shorter reach back and punching the shot there. If it looks like I'm gonna have make a long reachback with the putter while on the teepad, I'll just stop and change out for a mid or fairway driver to stay in that controlled power zone.

Find a putter that works for you in your comfort range of power, you'll be deadly accurate with it.

Have u seen the gold line pures from worlds? They r pretty!! So r the saints!

ZONE, its a slower buzzz

Sure...I beg to differ.
The zone is more like a mini drone

Agreed, my Zone is way more stable than my Buzz.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968