www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been using a Discraft ESP Predator with decent results but when winds get really strong I can still flip it. Part of it might be technique and weight (I think that mine might be only 167 grams or so) but I am looking into other more overstable options. Anyone tried the Westside Giant? Legacy Rampage might be another option.

Views: 524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First Run Nuke OS. I believe it is the most overstable disc on the planet.

Original Champion Whippet X . Max Weight. 175 grams.

The Rampage turns over in a normal headwind for me, backhand about 375 range. I thought the Giant was a tad flippy as well from what I have heard.

If you want something that wont flip I would say try a Gateway Spirit or Discraft Flick. They are the two fattest disc I have ever seen. Then Nuke OS would be the one I would suggest for long drives. For normal drives I would say a very flat champion Firebird or Westside Boatman. Also for the midrange game a Drone will hold its own in the wind as well, very good disc. 

I personally throw a pair of firebirds and a very overstable Destroyer for drives.  

How heavy is the destroyer you throw?

I use a max weight Halo, if you can find one that is domey the better. Love my Latitude 64 discs!

175g, the heavier the better when dealing with a headwind, lighter disc stall out quicker.

I actually think that my Predator should do the job but I need to go to a heavier disc.

xcalibur!!!!

I'd go with a Firebird.  Although with contacts being out in winds over about 25mph is a bad idea so I wouldn't be there to begin with.

yup, that or an Ape in champion plastic, preferably first run, hehe.

I carry the Giant, Flick, Drone, and Gator for those windy days. The Giant is pretty effective for windy days. I like the feel of the rim on this disc. Well most of the euro discs have that nice narrow rim compared to their U.S. counterparts. Haven't had 50+ windy days to try it out, but since it's in the Teerex range it should be fine.

I really dig my 150 class Flick as well. What I like about the Flick is it flies pretty straight for approx 90% of it's flight before it hyzers out hard. It almost has an "L" shaped flight to it as apposed to a"C" shaped flight like these uber overstable discs tend to have.

I have tried the giant. I would say that any really fast disc will the job but you wann some thing that is overstable for some one in normal conditions. For example a disc that fades hard left. Throwing into a head wind will pop the disc up to flat, which means flat you throw slightly hyzer. I like flat disc because they tend to hord a better line than a dommey disc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968