www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been using a Discraft ESP Predator with decent results but when winds get really strong I can still flip it. Part of it might be technique and weight (I think that mine might be only 167 grams or so) but I am looking into other more overstable options. Anyone tried the Westside Giant? Legacy Rampage might be another option.

Views: 479

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First Run Nuke OS. I believe it is the most overstable disc on the planet.

no way... innova old school kc pro 10 time firebird

Original Champion Whippet X . Max Weight. 175 grams.

The Rampage turns over in a normal headwind for me, backhand about 375 range. I thought the Giant was a tad flippy as well from what I have heard.

If you want something that wont flip I would say try a Gateway Spirit or Discraft Flick. They are the two fattest disc I have ever seen. Then Nuke OS would be the one I would suggest for long drives. For normal drives I would say a very flat champion Firebird or Westside Boatman. Also for the midrange game a Drone will hold its own in the wind as well, very good disc. 

I personally throw a pair of firebirds and a very overstable Destroyer for drives.  

How heavy is the destroyer you throw?

175g, the heavier the better when dealing with a headwind, lighter disc stall out quicker.

I use a max weight Halo, if you can find one that is domey the better. Love my Latitude 64 discs!

I actually think that my Predator should do the job but I need to go to a heavier disc.

xcalibur!!!!

yup, that or an Ape in champion plastic, preferably first run, hehe.

I'd go with a Firebird.  Although with contacts being out in winds over about 25mph is a bad idea so I wouldn't be there to begin with.

I carry the Giant, Flick, Drone, and Gator for those windy days. The Giant is pretty effective for windy days. I like the feel of the rim on this disc. Well most of the euro discs have that nice narrow rim compared to their U.S. counterparts. Haven't had 50+ windy days to try it out, but since it's in the Teerex range it should be fine.

I really dig my 150 class Flick as well. What I like about the Flick is it flies pretty straight for approx 90% of it's flight before it hyzers out hard. It almost has an "L" shaped flight to it as apposed to a"C" shaped flight like these uber overstable discs tend to have.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968