www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi,  I'm doing my first tournement in Feb, looking for a good disc golf shoe.  What shoes do you like the best for the sport?  I find my plant foot slides around alot, especially on wet, and snowy Tee-Pads.

Please advise.

Views: 2412

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got a pair of these as my warm boots this winter.  I have been very pleased with their performance in deep snow and ice.  Good grip on slippery surfaces.

Montrails, Garmont, or The North Face in Goretex. If you want a good shoe, you have to pay the price. Out of the three, Montrails are my favorite. A dark horse is a company called 5-10. They make mountain climing shoes, but they also make a mountain bike shoe. Kind of looks like Vans, but that's were the similarities stop. The grip on these shoes is insane!

Check out Zappo's.com. They have the best customer service, quantity, and prices around.

I have always been a fan of Lowa shoe company.  They don't make the trendiest looking shoes, but they DO make the highest quality shoe.  I've had pairs last for 2-3 or more years of avid disc golfing...and they are still in the closet as back-ups for hurricane days.  The soles are durable enough to hold up to concrete tee pads, the stitching is bullet-proof, the foot-beds are top notch, and the waterproofing never fails.  I have gone with several different styles over the years and not a single one of them disappointed.  If I had to pick one out as superior, I guess I would go with the Lowa Renegades.  They don't come cheap, but you earn your money back in the long run.  Also, you can order them through REI, so the 100% satisfaction guarantee is in effect.  You could step on a nail and REI would replace them for free...no questions asked!
My latest pair of shoes are some Hi-Tecs that I got a while back. They are the Rogue WPs. Great support, comfortable as can be and they even have a waterproof liner. That doesn't make them waterproof, but with a good spraying of Tectron they do very well in all conditions.

I got some DVS Militia Boots.

Feet stay warm and dry. And i stay stylin'.

Used them for my first tourney of 2011 in the Midwest a few weeks ago. Work great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1_U4DkvH1k

I agree with the statement you get what you pay for, but some times you are paying for a name. As for my footwear for disc golf from late March to October I wear a good quality whitewater rafting sandle, holds up good and wears good, for other months no snow New Blance sport shoe, for snow good quality boot { usally Red Wings} with good socks. As in any thing you have to find what works for you.
Whatever Shoes you choose , make sure they have the Grip your looking for and Comfortable.

Thanks for all your comments.  A huge help!  I have compiled the shoes i like best from your responses.

Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX
The North Face Men's Ultra 104 GTX® XCR®
Chameleon3 Ventilator GORE-TEX
The North Face HEDGEHOG GTX XCR

I got the NF Hedgehogs a year ago and love them! Best disc golf shoe I've ever worn, Saving up to get about 4 more pairs before they do something stupid and stop making them...

So on the North Face Hedgehogs, i noticed on the REI website there are two different kinds the Hedgehog III hiking shoe, and the cross training shoe.  Which one is the right one? 

$110- The North Face Hedgehog III GTX XCR Hiking Shoes - Men's  http://www.rei.com/product/811478

$59.83- The North Face Hedgehog GTX XCR Cross-Training Shoes - Men's http://www.rei.com/product/763575

Both are Awesome. Try each pair of Hedgehog's on and see which is the most comfortable !!!!
The "hiker" is a newer model and appears to be a replacement of the "cross trainer". The one everyone that most people have been commenting on is the "cross trainer". Unfortunately there don't appear to be many left in stock at REI.com  If you have a store near you, there may be a few left out there in different sizes.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968