www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi,  I'm doing my first tournement in Feb, looking for a good disc golf shoe.  What shoes do you like the best for the sport?  I find my plant foot slides around alot, especially on wet, and snowy Tee-Pads.

Please advise.

Views: 2539

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I loved the Bite shoes, but they stopped making them some time ago and the stock out there is getting low, you might look and see what size Hazardiscs.com has I think he might still have them for sell.

Other then that I would like to know what other great disc golf shoe's are out there as well!

I personally don't due this due to not having a pair of extra shoes but I know a couple guys around here take a pair of shoes and put short screws in the bottoms.  The heads of the screws create cleats.
Or, you could just get a pair of cleats and save yourself the time and energy. a pair of shoes
well Keen make a pair of shoes designed for disc golfers called Milo II, they are a waterproof shoe. I personally have a pair from them called Ridgetops and I love them! I've had 3 different pair from Merrell and the Keens are far more comfortable and the design seems to be better for disc golfing with extra rubber on the toes.
Just go out and find a pair of durable walking shoes for all terrain.  Shoes won't directly affect your game but it's always good to make sure they are comfy for all of the walking during tournaments.

I use the columbia switchback shoes for playing disc. They are great in preventing slips when teeing off or in wet grass or whatever. They are all terrain hiking shoes with amazing grip, comfort, and lightweight durability.

More info on the shoes in this link. Check em out if you are interested.

http://www.columbia.com/Men%27s-Switchback%E2%84%A2-Omni-Tech%E2%84...

keen milos

I had some waterproof Merrells and they sucked, they blew out in about 5 months.  I now have some Solomon Odysseys that are way better and more comfortable.  I also got them at REI which means they'll replace them if they get f'd somehow.  I was wanting to buy those Milo IIs, but I wanted to wait see some reviews on them after people have had them for several months.  I think they were released to the public just after the USDGC tourney last year.  

I've heard some of the pros complain of the first set of Milos saying they weren't robust and sturdy enough for the demands of disc golf.  From what I can tell about the Milo IIs they should be better, but I've heard some people say they don't like them for their lack of support around the ankles.  I guess the first set of Milos were a mid top or something.  We'll see what happens in the next several months when snow melts and people can give those shoes a real test.

Ive had mine for a little bit 30 rounds or so, and theve held up well. the courses in my area are quite rugged.

Also wet and muddy wet and muddy. and my feet have been dry and comfortable even on 4 hour rounds.

Also GottaGoGottaThrow.com that is where I got mine. They were 40 before shipping costs.
whats the point of disc golf shoes? whats wrong with nikes or under armour shoes?
Nothing is wrong with regular shoes. In the summer I usually wear Mizuno softball cleats. I work at a park so I get them cheap. I have a pair of Bites just cuz of the waterproof factor. I had seal skinz socks, but they went through the dryer and stopped working.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968