www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ive been throwing a used 175 gm tee rex for about a year now, and it used to be my favorite disc (used to be ). I cant throw it anymore it wont do what it used to do. I knew exactly how far and where it would go, but i just cant seem to throw it ? Whats up ???

Tags: ??, What, hell, is, the, wrong

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I gotta agree with Scot. As you progress into a game your throw becomes more efficient and you can get more out of your throws than you could before. I am throwing discs that I never thought I would be able to throw straight.
I am going through this now. I find trying a faster disc or a new grip works. What I did was watched some of the better players throw and started to throw like them. It didn't work for me but what happen was I was able to combine a couple of styles and now I am starting to get my distance back. It is just now more consistent.
cfr teerex x comes in champ plastic
that's the teerex that i throw. cfr teerex-x. tried the star (got it as a gift, it was a nice thought) it was just horrible. lasted maybe a month. my cfr has lasted a little over a year, and it's just now starting to change flight. still my go-to disc for windy distance.

Nibs Carter said:
cfr teerex x comes in champ plastic
Mainly CFR discs They are accually called Teerex-X Suppose to be a tad more overstable, but I haven't noticed a big diff.
Just go to ebay and type in "CFR teerex disc golf"

JeremyRogers said:
never seen or heard of such a thing as a champion Tee rex, havent looked tho
time to take up lawn darts. its both a game of skill and luck.
and easier to throw with straight flight pattern.
I thorw 170 Teerex and only in star. Here in North Carolina, there is a LOT of trees. After roughly 1 1/2 years, I notice a change it flight of the disc due to "breaking in". The same with most other discs though. These are "flight plates" and technically, one dent or scratch can alter the flight path so I think yours is just going through the normal lifespan. Also, you have been throwing for a year now and your arm speed has increased so maybe it doesn't work for the disc anymore. Figure it out and dont doubt the Teerex!! It is a work of art!!!
Go get yourself a Z-Force and your problem will be solved!
As previously stated, they do "break in" and start to get a lot less stable at high speed. Is your's a dome or flat top? I have a few of each, and the domey ones seems to not break in as much, and keep the stability. The flat top ones definitely get less and less stable at high speed the more you throw them. It also doesn't seem to be a break in process, they just one day are suddenly broken in.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968