www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi,

In my short player career, I have been fortunate to recover every disc I have lost...knock on wood. Of course, using the Golden Retriever has helped much...

But, question. I am passionate about this sport and helping to grow it. And, today was playing with two new players, sharing my discs with them to throw.

And, on the final hole one of the players put my Discraft driver into the water. We could not see it to retrieve it...so, right now it is lost.

This player while bummed about losing the disc, did not offer to get in the water to find it and did not offer to compensate me for it.

I did not ask for money because I don't want to be THAT guy and I hope they will continue playing. 

But, is there a standard practice when someone loses one of your discs? Thanks!

Views: 292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You let that player use your disc so you had to know the risk involved. Suck it up and go buy a new one.

Direct and honest answer, thanks Jim!

you have to know there is a chance you might loose one when letting a noob use your disc. I always carry a noob pack in my car so it doesn't hurt so bad when it gets lost. It's funny how everybody is so diff. Because if it was me. I'd replace your disc, but on the other hand. I would not expect or ask the person I let use my discs. To replace it if lost.

On the bright side, now you can buy a new disc to replace the one you lost :)

Agreed.

If the thrower graciously offers to replace it, I'd graciously decline. 

Discs are like books.. don't loan any out that you actually want to keep...

that being said, it blows that the dude never offered to replace the disc. I mean it's the only right thing to do.

I like that saying. Too true. I am going to be more intentional in sharing my less emotionally attached discs with noobs when we play. As a general rule, unless it is a clear open field away from water or putting, I won't share my Vibram discs...far too fond of them!

...put them in the water?

:-) Where is the LIKE button?

If you play long enough you will find many discs, easy come easy go!

"like"

on the flip side, the more newbies you play with the more chances you have to find lost discs!!

It might be a little harsh but you could have thrown him in after the disc...

Ah, jk.  Next time don't loan him a Discraft disc.  Give him something you don't care about.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968